Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Trying new (hopefully) TCM off Ebay, will give update

City
Concord
State
NH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 se
So, was experiencing intermittent starting issues, had to rock the car to get it out of park. Cleaned the grounding locations and still had some issues. Went a week or two with no problems at all, and last night I think my TCM finally went. Just started the vehicle, going a low rate of speed in the neighborhood when all of a sudden it automatically slipped into neutral and all my guages went on. Display said TCS off, then Service Transmission immediately. Managed to restart it after a few attempts of no crank/not in park message. Right before getting it into driveway it slipped into neutral again with same messages. Managed to pull a code off of it, P0101. communication lost with TCM.

So... hopefully a TCM replacement will work and its the LAST bit of money im throwing at this car. I purchased one off Ebay today, gave them the VIN so they could program it to my vehicle, so hopefully it is truly plug and play. I havent seen many reliable reviews of the online TCM sellers (amazon, ebay) and everywhere else is backordered. I will update this thread with my experience.

2012 Fiesta SE sedan. 115k

OP
M

mlamanuzzi

City
Concord
State
NH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 se
Thread Starter #2
Arrived a few days earlier than ebay thought, happy with that. Slapped the new unit on. After turning key to on (not started) the thing started clicking and clacking away, Im thinking it must be performing some initialization. Go to start it, fires up, but now absolutely will not shift out of park, prior i could rock it back and forth and shift it, and TCS is off, all messed up. Contacted seller, they are providing a replacement for free. So far, so bad.

OP
M
City
Concord
State
NH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 se
Thread Starter #3
absolute waste of time. ebay seller at the end refunded my money, but tried to say a working replacement would be shipped and tried to drag out the time in order, in my opinion, to go past the return time on the original junk they sent.