Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

This fell out of it's hole...What is it?

alhefner

City
Silver Springs
State
NV
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Fiesta
So, the part in the pic fell out of it's hole. It's pretty banged up since it bounced along the highway for a long time! I figure I need a new one.
what is this part.jpg

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
This is what it looks like on 2015 1.6 DCT. Yes, that box should be in/on the EVAP emissions canister!

1648913715458.png

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
That is the line that your EVAP canister uses - the one that sucks up all the fumes from the Gas tank and lets the engine burn the "air" trapped inside this canister (which uses Charcoal to do this...) so when that hose comes off, that means it is no longer working.

That big gaping hole would have been where the charcoal pellets would be stored to handle all those fumes.

Hopefully it's not completely empty.

The box is for the air vent - that goes to that hole, but it forms an air seal with a gasket using clips on the box/valve - so what pulled it off or whatever you hit, rolled over or otherwise scraped over, may mean an entire replacement canister and all because force that was, may have broken the means to keep it on the canister.