City
Vero Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Ford Fiesta SE
I recently bought a 2015 Fiesta ST. 1.6 L, non turbo, 5 speed transmission ,to pull behind our RV, all 4 wheels down,
I've been systematically checking systems and getting familiar with it. Oil and filter change, new tires, brake inspection, etc.
I have not been able a locate a dipstick or any other way to check the fluid level of the transmission.
I took it to a local garage near me and they told me there is no factory installed drain plug or a way to add fluid or refill the transmission.
I could use some help
Thanks, JR

City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Ford Fiesta SE Hatchback
Because it's a manual gearbox, there is no dipstick. You have to crawl under it, and take off the fill plug from the side of the gearbox and stick your finger in to feel the level or just fill until it piddles out and replace the plug. Like this...

City
STL
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Ford Fiesta SE
I wouldn't use a garage that doesn't know how to service fluid on a manual transmission, they should be embarrassed.

OP
J
City
Vero Beach
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Ford Fiesta SE
Thread Starter #5
Scotman: Thank you for that. Upon further looking, it's an SE! My Bad!
Now if I could just fine the answer to my initial question.

City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Ford Fiesta SE Hatchback
Scotman: Thank you for that. Upon further looking, it's an SE! My Bad!
Now if I could just fine the answer to my initial question.
Your initial question was answered above.....no dipstick for a manual gearbox. Gotta use your finger as a dipstick.

City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
I did a thread in the maintenance and troubleshoot section on removing the plug. There is a picture of the plug and the retainer pin/clip. I need to post up the last three or images. I have had too many distractions in addition to a bitchy image gallery tranfer app that takes a loooooooong time to move files.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F General Automotive Discussions 0