Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Putting a turbo in a 2019 fiesta st line??

Iwiechec

City
Huntley
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Fiesta ST Line
Hi everyone, I’m new here. I drive a 2019 Ford Fiesta ST Line. I sure do love the look of my car, however, I wanna have more power in it. I was thinking of putting a turbo in it but I’m unsure if my car and handle it or not. I’m not the most knowledgeable when it comes to whats under the hood of my car so if someone could help me out with figuring out what performance mods to do to my vehicle that would be awesome :)

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Hi everyone, I’m new here. I drive a 2019 Ford Fiesta ST Line. I sure do love the look of my car, however, I wanna have more power in it. I was thinking of putting a turbo in it but I’m unsure if my car and handle it or not. I’m not the most knowledgeable when it comes to whats under the hood of my car so if someone could help me out with figuring out what performance mods to do to my vehicle that would be awesome :)
The turbocharged version of the Fiesta is out there. The one you have is a unique variant of the basic Fiesta hatchback. What would be required to have a reliable daily use ride by adding a "kit" turbo setup ( it doesn't exist) would be far greater than just selling your ST line and buying a factory built Fiesta ST. Were you aware that the ST line was not turbocharged when you bought it? Or, did the salesperson say that you could just add on the turbo later?
If you were misled, go to the dealership management. They might be amenable to buy it back or finding you an ST. The two versions are as different from each other internally as you could ever imagine!

OP
Iwiechec

Iwiechec

City
Huntley
State
IL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Fiesta ST Line
Thread Starter #3
The turbocharged version of the Fiesta is out there. The one you have is a unique variant of the basic Fiesta hatchback. What would be required to have a reliable daily use ride by adding a "kit" turbo setup ( it doesn't exist) would be far greater than just selling your ST line and buying a factory built Fiesta ST. Were you aware that the ST line was not turbocharged when you bought it? Or, did the salesperson say that you could just add on the turbo later?
If you were misled, go to the dealership management. They might be amenable to buy it back or finding you an ST. The two versions are as different from each other internally as you could ever imagine!
Thank you for reply! Yes I was aware of the ST having the turbo and my ST Line not having one. When I got my car, I just needed a car ASAP because my other one broke down. So I wasn’t looking into turbos or other performance specs. I’ve had this fiesta for 2 years now and I love it, I love driving it. I just wish I could get more power out of it. That’s why I was wondering if there are any performance mods I can do to my vehicle. I know under the hood it’s basically just a normal fiesta. I just wanted to see if there was anything I could do to make it perform better.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
You can try to not carry around much heavy stuff(for no reason).
There are aftermarket intakes. It helps a little bit.
Lighter wheels are available. But not cheap.
No reflashes or chips are available.
Its kinda a love it or leave it proposition

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
Thank you for reply! Yes I was aware of the ST having the turbo and my ST Line not having one. When I got my car, I just needed a car ASAP because my other one broke down. So I wasn’t looking into turbos or other performance specs. I’ve had this fiesta for 2 years now and I love it, I love driving it. I just wish I could get more power out of it. That’s why I was wondering if there are any performance mods I can do to my vehicle. I know under the hood it’s basically just a normal fiesta. I just wanted to see if there was anything I could do to make it perform better.
As an owner of an ST, let me tell you that it's a completely different vehicle from the standard 1.6. They share a body, and that's about it. Wait until you tune it.

Then, drive it on a twisty road.