Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

OIL LEAK HELP!

City
Basildon
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2012 ford fiesta
help got a leak coming from one of the three plugs on the tank at the rear of my 2012 diesel ford fiesta.

1. what is the tank with the 3 plugs.
2. is this a simple fix?

thanks for your help

Attachments

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Oil leak?

That is your spare tire well, open the trunk/hatch and empty the contents of your rear trunk space into a large bowl, combine ingredients, and using a whisk, stir vigorously until creamy texture is achieved...

???

...sorry, woke up to this post, was still thinking about last night's dinner...

Those are "knockout" plugs - they help you drain out whatever got in the trunk - spilled milk, small gas can leak - small children that climbed into the back never to be found again during the last hide and seek game they played...

If you recently bought this used, you might want to reconsider the purchase...

The "fuel tank" is ahead of that wheel well - so if it's leaking - then the source of the leak is not from the spare tire section - it's further ahead before that rear crossmember.

The leak you're showing in the photo - if from the knockouts used in the spare tire well, is supposed to be from a DRY spare tire wheel well - whatever got in there to leave an oily residue - *ahemn*
You're just going to have to open it to find and remove the source of that leak...

OP
D
City
Basildon
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2012 ford fiesta
Thread Starter #3
wow thats really helpful thanks. Turns out I have removed the spare tyre from spare tyre well and there is oil ponded in there. Looks like previous user had a leak in the boot and never properly cleaned.

thanks for your assistance.