Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Newbie, hello everyone

dthurman

City
Dunnellon
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Ford Fiesta
I have a 2011 Ford Fiesta that we recently bought. It was wrecked in the front end and we are fixing issues with it. Our big problem now is its stuck in park, ubnable to drive it. Any ideas for us. It seems its electrical, tied to the new brake light switch which quit also.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Are you able to get the shift lever into neutral by pressing the brakes pedal? Or if not, can you get the lever into neutral by pressing on the manual release via the access hole near the lever? If neither of those work for you, either the MLP circuit or the ground connection is the issue. Fiestas are not a simple car to repair crash issues on.

Attachments

OP
D

dthurman

City
Dunnellon
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Ford Fiesta
Thread Starter #3
Are you able to get the shift lever into neutral by pressing the brakes pedal? Or if not, can you get the lever into neutral by pressing on the manual release via the access hole near the lever? If neither of those work for you, either the MLP circuit or the ground connection is the issue. Fiestas are not a simple car to repair crash issues on.
Nothing gets it out of park but thank you for your help. I'll try to look up the 2 ideas you have. Not a mechanic. Looks like someone bent the little button by the lever, it doesnt work.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
There is an actual cable connection to the transmission. You should remove the battery and it's tray to get a good look at the area where it connects to the transmission. The bracket that holds the cable in position might be bent. I found that the connection here is very difficult to get apart. A plastic retainer is on the cable assembly that might need a special tool to get it apart.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I recently pulled the drivetrain out of a Powershift equipped Fiesta. I just got a couple of images of the cable and bracket that bolts to the top of the transaxle. When I dropped the engine, trans and subframe out it was easier for me to just remove the lever attached to the selector pawl.
The Fiesta is a difficult car to service in respect to the multiple systems and sensors that populate the front structure. Anyone working on it needs to be very careful and patient with various connectors and wire harnesses. Some of the components and wiring harnesses cost several hundred dollars to buy if they are damaged by careless removal!

Attachments