Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

New builds of 3-door Ford Fiesta in UK

ggabu500

City
London
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Ford Fiesta 2012 3-door automatic
I see from Ford UK, they are not offering new builds of 3-door Ford Fiesta - automatic; only 5-door are available for new factory builds.

Does anyone know if this is a temporary measure or have Ford discontinued the 3-door Ford Fiesta automatic?

I did ask my local dealer but they have no idea and are basically useless.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
No clue regarding that over here. We get no version of Fiesta in America.

City
Philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Fiesta SE
I was joking around with the missus a couple nights ago, while watching some TV show made in the UK. I saw a Fiesta on the show and said we'll have to move to the UK in order to get a new Fiesta because Ford now only makes bloated SUVs. She agreed. Now to just find employment sponsorship...

Phil Forrest

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
well, with Energy prices the way they are - we might wind up going full circle...back to the "economy models"

SUV's may be good at hauling the "Whole family" but when you're the only one commuting to work and back - Sailboat Fuel gets a little expen$ive to carry along...

City
STL
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Ford Fiesta SE
Wish Ford would offer more models over here without an automatic option.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
The automakers are hellbent on consolidation of models and passenger car electrification. Not because it's "better" for the customer.. They see an opportunity to get rid of a lot of complexity and parts with a side bonus of no emissions compliance testing and development.
Ford is creating a new business unit called Ford Blue. That means a new distribution channel. Bypassing the old school dealership model.
Nobody should be surprised when the old franchise stores attempt to sue Ford when they find out that the new products won't be sold through them!
The new setup will also be scaled for leased not retail purchases of vehicles.
The whole traditional concept around car ownership is going to be turned on it's head.
The old " new idea" of ten years ago was that we would buy an EV chassis and just change out the battery pack and maybe even change the body shell, if so desired, to convert a sedan to an suv or light pickup truck using the same chassis.
Forget about that concept.
The industry is going toward a situation where the customer will probably have a choice of four chassis size categories and then the option of range extension or performance configurations.
The greatest difference between price categories will be the features and amenities, not the external look of the vehicle. The days of stripes, spoilers, multiple wheel size options, pretty much anything that adds weight or build complexity is going extinct.
I don't see much future for aftermarket parts either. When a majority of the people don't own their vehicle, the reason for much personalization evaporates.