Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Just bought a used wrecked/half ass repaired 2014 Fiesta S need pic of...

City
Homer
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Ford Fiesta S
Hi hope its OK to post this here if its the wrong spot mods please move. Anyway bought a wrecked but repaired 2014 Fiesta that well looks like they replaced the hood and the front bumper assembly but I know its missing some parts underneath that the bottom of the bumper attachés on the front underneath since there is nothing there. From what I can gather there is a filler panel Ford D2BZ-12E785-C that connects to it. I'm wanting to make sure nothing else is missing underneath it. If someone can post a pic of underneath in that area or a link showing this would be highly appreciated. I did a google search but what I found is removal of the bumper but is not real clear of the parts connecting to it and where they go. Thanks! I'll post a pick of what I got after we come back from church.

I did have a 2011 Fiesta but totaled it out right before Christmas with 147k on it. Strange thing is I said I would never have another one as mine had a on/off trans issue although that got better with age, rattles and well if it wasn't for the MPG would of got rid of it while back. The one I just bought only has 82k ion it its a plain jane but mechanically wise runs good way better than my 2011 I had and has no fluid leaks at all just some cosmetic issues and a air bag light which I have traced it down to the driver seat track sensor or wiring. Figured for $4k I'll just fix everything as I go...

Last edited:

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Wrecked or damaged Fiesta are beginning to surface. Parts for Fiesta are expensive! I have found that it's cheaper to buy a whole wrecked Fiesta that has the parts I need than it is to buy the parts either new or used or some combination of both!
So, that reality should be a clear message that any damaged Fiesta anyone is considering should be examined very closely. Used front bumper cover assemblies with the trims and upper grill are $700 bucks in my area. The core support and coolers are another $700. One headlamp capsule in unbroken condition, im not saying perfect condition, is $175 bucks.
A damaged fiesta is not always a good candidate for a rebuild from a financial perspective.
I have purchased several of them just to get one other Fiesta repaired. I will not be repeating that strategy going into the future just because of the time and space that wrecked cars require to make it worth the effort.
If you visit the dealership parts department, they can print out a exploded diagram of each area and it's base reference numbers. I rely on those things very heavily!

Last edited:
OP
R
City
Homer
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Ford Fiesta S
Thread Starter #4
Wrecked or damaged Fiesta are beginning to surface. Parts for Fiesta are expensive! I have found that it's cheaper to buy a whole wrecked Fiesta that has the parts I need than it is to buy the parts either new or used or some combination of both!
So, that reality should be a clear message that any damaged Fiesta anyone is considering should be examined very closely. Used front bumper cover assemblies with the trims and upper grill are $700 bucks in my area. The core support and coolers are another $700. One headlamp capsule in unbroken condition, im not saying perfect condition, is $175 bucks.
A damaged fiesta is not always a good candidate for a rebuild from a financial perspective.
I have purchased several of them just to get one other Fiesta repaired. I will not be repeating that strategy going into the future just because of the time and space that wrecked cars require to make it worth the effort.
If you visit the dealership parts department, they can print out a exploded diagram of each area and it's base reference numbers. I rely on those things very heavily!
Thanks for your input but I already knew pretty much what I would be getting into on cost of parts as the 2011 I had I had to repair some of the front end and side due to a deer.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
A picture won't get you base part numbers or a decent notion of exactly what the parts you need look like. That's why those trips to the parts department are important! That print out of the bumper cover assembly gives you a lot of information that you can hold in your hand. I have a copy of the diagram when i go to the wrecking yard. A lot of $20 and $40 fiesta parts get tossed into the footwells or spare tire well. Very, very few casual enthusiasts of any car you can imagine that is popular, keep any sort of photographic record of the sub assemblies on their cars. Let alone have the ability to rattle off a "parts you need list".

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
1615745942450.png
That part may not be correct, that "Filler panel" number you got, is the TOP one - a type of spacer goes between the shroud and is a filler between the front bumper skirt and radiator. Top part though...

The Bottom one?

1615746996749.png

If it's that part, ask to see the bottom side
IT is where the bumper cover fits into those tabs to hold the lower part in place.

1615747117134.png

Doesn't show the best in this graphic...

OP
R
City
Homer
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Ford Fiesta S
Thread Starter #7
That part may not be correct, that "Filler panel" number you got, is the TOP one - a type of spacer goes between the shroud and is a filler between the front bumper skirt and radiator. Top part though...

The Bottom one?

View attachment 4749

If it's that part, ask to see the bottom side
IT is where the bumper cover fits into those tabs to hold the lower part in place.

View attachment 4750

Doesn't show the best in this graphic...
Thanks for the info guess I'll just go by the stealership Monday and see what they come up with.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
What may appear as one piece, is actually a set of "pairs" and a Valence - The "skirt" uses that front Lower Radiator support as the brace, the brackets bolt to it, the side braces give the skirt is "oval shape" and mount to the supports which have the "tabs" the Valence comes along behind and retains the rest of the oval round shape

1615754394660.png

1615754766536.png

OP
R
City
Homer
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Ford Fiesta S
Thread Starter #9
What may appear as one piece, is actually a set of "pairs" and a Valence - The "skirt" uses that front Lower Radiator support as the brace, the brackets bolt to it, the side braces give the skirt is "oval shape" and mount to the supports which have the "tabs" the Valence comes along behind and retains the rest of the oval round shape

Thank! Looks like lower deflector D2BZ-8349-B #8 below and the valance which is actually 3 parts..the middle and the 2 end pieces. So #8,#11,#20 and what ever the one is for the bottom right.
1615770982618.png

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Sounds like a plan!

Took the #11 off because when leaving parking lots with deep curbs, the sound of the nosedive scrape of that splashguard along with #8 bumping up the skirt so you see the hood shake, those actions start to get annoying real quick.

Unless you do some type of lift kit - the clearance of that lower skirt and bumper is pretty tight - the damage from those curb nosedives can do similar damage.

I didn't want to have you buy several spares of listed parts to keep in the trunk if you ever had to reassemble the vehicle after a Saturdays mad-rush of shopping for groceries.

Good luck, keep us posted!

OP
R
City
Homer
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Ford Fiesta S
Thread Starter #11
Sounds like a plan!

Took the #11 off because when leaving parking lots with deep curbs, the sound of the nosedive scrape of that splashguard along with #8 bumping up the skirt so you see the hood shake, those actions start to get annoying real quick.

Unless you do some type of lift kit - the clearance of that lower skirt and bumper is pretty tight - the damage from those curb nosedives can do similar damage.

I didn't want to have you buy several spares of listed parts to keep in the trunk if you ever had to reassemble the vehicle after a Saturdays mad-rush of shopping for groceries.

Good luck, keep us posted!
Yea I know what you mean about those. I always called them curb scrapers. I probably wont install those just the #8 in the diagram. Waiting now for my shop manuals and the wiring manuals to come in since I really don't trust my 2011 one to use on a 2014.