Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Hi guys so I have a 2011 fiesta, i pulled into the driveway shut it down started it real quick and back it over to the side. Went to leave it just cra

City
Jackson
State
ME
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 fiesta se hatchback
Hi guys so I have a 2011 fiesta, i pulled into the driveway shut it down started it real quick and backed it over to the side. Went to leave it just cranks i did find a burnt to crap fuse. Rear window defogger. I dont run it. So who knows it was a 30 amp fuseso it got hot.. however fuel pump turns on but i did realize as soon as the key is turned like to aux or access.. it cranks and its not normal.. any ideas please help

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Relay is stuck shorting - the "high amp" fuse shows heavy current is getting pulled thru a wire, so that wire might be shorting to another in the Fuse box.

This is not a simple - go here and try this fix. IF you can pull a relay out then the Relay you'll need to get at is in the Engine compartment and pull these two...

1690081747037.png

Orient the above drawing to "match" your Fiesta Fusebox...

R5 Relay is for the PCM.
R8 is for the Starter Inhibit.

Pull R5 and R8.
Wait a minute (this helps shut down a system - to help reset)

Install R5 - Leave R8 out.

Try to Start the Car, does it turn over and start? Does the Starter keep running?

IF so, STOP - you will have to Replace R5 and R8 - these two relays are affecting a clearing condition if one does not turn on, the other relay tries to run the starter until the PCM wakes up and tells this relay to stop.

Now, this may not fix the problem, for the wiring to these relays are also suspect. So if putting in new relays does not fix this, the problem is in the PCM or the wiring to it is.