Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Help diagnose this issue!

City
Sunrise
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Ford Fiesta 2011
Sup guys, I have a 2012 1.6 fiesta. Decided to go ahead and swap out the alternator, water pump, wires, plugs. I swapped out the water pump and the alternator, drove around, everything felt good. swapped out the plugs and wires, started the car and it sounded good. Then I went upstairs, came back to go for a drive and it started acting weird, like it wouldn’t start and the motor was shaking. Then my dumbass forgot to tighten up one of the coolant hoses so coolant exploded everywhere ( this might be relevant later) i reinstalled the old plugs and wires thinking that was it then I tried cracking it and it sounded like a bad cps. Swapped that out nothing but then it sounded like a dead battery with a rapid tick tick, so I jumped it and nothing. Tried again this time pumping the gas pedal and it started. White smoke coming out the pipe and a weird noise off the alternator. let me know what you think… I’m thinking the alternator took a shit and the white smoke is because all the coolant blew up all over. No white smoke before but it was having issues starting where I had to pump the gas pedal….

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
What kind of sound does a "bad" CPS make?

OP
N
City
Sunrise
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
Ford Fiesta 2011
Thread Starter #3
What kind of sound does a "bad" CPS make?
We’ll someone told me it sounded like a bad cps and I also had a code from that previously so I just swapped it out

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Don't "parts swap". It's counterproductive to solving the actual issue.
It is very difficult to narrow down the problem from your description. It reads like a drunk guy describing a high speed trainwreck.
I assume that it doesn't start or run at this point.
Coolant reservoir level now reads full?.
Plug wires are wiped dry?
Serpentine belt and pulleys are rinsed off and not coated with coolant?
How long did you run it with no coolant?
Five minutes of driving with no coolant is long enough to destroy the engine.
You didn't mention how many miles are on it or what the original problem was. Or if you had a MIL warning light. I wouldn't keep going with this methodology if i were you! The situation is not getting better by guessing.
I am sorry to be so blunt.