Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Ford 2012 SE OB2 Scanner Codes

City
State
AR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2012 Ford Fiesta SE
Greetings! I have been having issues with a car I recently purchased. Before using the OB2 scanner, I got the spark plugs and coil pack replaced. I eventually bought a scanner, and I am having issues locating the top possible issues with the vehicle. Most mechanics have told me that I wasted my money on the vehicle or that the car I purchased is "disposable." Any advice is welcomed and appreciated. As far as driving the car, it randomly revs. It also sputters with hard breaking and driving after a stop (stop sign, yield or red light). On top of that, it is making a noise that sounds like trash is stuck under my car. I am not sure how to describe the noise better. Please give me some feedback as soon as you can and thank you for reading this. :)

Attachments

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Ok, looked thru your first two pages, the ones about PASSED or NOT PASSED - did you recently reset the system or replace the battery? Because the Emissions require several tests that in order to pass, need to be done - like Drive cycles, long trips fueling and properly re-fueling not overfilling to keep the canister from getting too soggy with fumes and gas - these require several days, if not weeks to fully test these systems - then you will truly know.

Some of the others you see like the ECU - MAF (that mass air flow sensor) might want to check the wiring - especially where you see wires "bolted" to the car fender - these are grounds for various systems. Might want to clean them up and reseat the bolts to make sure those connections are good.

You can also go thru the Fuse box, in the engine bay, to help you locate and view the condition of the fuses - any corroded or "powdery milky color" leads on these - you should replace and install fresh ones of the same rating. This detailing action can also help you locate faulty wiring or simply unseated or not properly seated fuses it can clear up several conditions due to loose or poorly installed or badly-seated fuses.

The biggest one I see - requires the msot current from the electical system, that is the TCM. If those wires can't get enough current - again - check back at the battery and clean up those connections - it can go a long way in correcting conditions in what others consider a "disposable car".

"Disposable" in a definition (if I may) simply means that if you have a level of income that surpasses the worth it is to you to spend the time in both effort and money - to get the car fixed - either by you or others - you can simply discard the thing like it was a toy and get another.

I feel differently about that - for part of the journey in ownership is the discovery, revere, awe, dismay and the recovery of function of an item you've invested your time and effort into to make it serve a purpose for your needs.

Again, that is a point of view - for if you own a Ferrari and tie it around a tree because you imbibed too much - accomplishes the same thing using that same definition.