Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

First time Fiesta buyer

William

Thanks for having me aboard. The repair shop messed up the steering on my 1996 Ranger and couldn?t repair it. So I had to trade it Friday. I traded it for a 2017 Fiesta SE 5DR with low mileage. Like 22,000 miles.

OP
W

William

Thread Starter #4
New to this type forum. IMG_3730.jpg

Very briefly, I drove 30 miles to my home Friday, from the dealership. Noticed the fuel gauge needle had not moved. At all. I topped off the vehicle. I couldn’t get 1/2 a gallon in it. I went 30 miles on half a gallon.

Now, this pic - if it goes through, shows my trip odometer at 88.2 miles. Notice the needle of the gas gauge has not moved - at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
W

William

Thread Starter #5
I’m driving to and from work and so far have 88.2 miles with no movement of the gas gauge needle.

Now, all I have read are lackluster fuel efficiency reports of like 35 mpg.

I’m not making this stuff up. Maybe I have an oddball Fiesta that gets real good mpg.

OP
W

William

Thread Starter #8
Came out to 40.96 mpg this first time around. I wasn’t able to set a strict 55 mph on flat, level highway. I had to go 65 at least half the time, and went up hills. I’m still getting used to the Fiesta. I was on the fence about it the first couple of times I drove it to work, but I’m warming up to it now.

HeatonJL

Came out to 40.96 mpg this first time around. I wasn’t able to set a strict 55 mph on flat, level highway. I had to go 65 at least half the time, and went up hills. I’m still getting used to the Fiesta. I was on the fence about it the first couple of times I drove it to work, but I’m warming up to it now.

I recently went on a trip of just under 400 miles. Filled up before I left, made it there and home again. Parked in the driveway, and my screen said I had 80-something miles to empty. First car I've ever owned that could go 400+ miles on a single tank. Ended up at 38+mpg on that tank.