Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Fiesta plans

Lewis12

City
Bolton
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Fiesta Mk 8 st-line
Hi everyone, just got my mk 8 fiesta st-line the other day. Absolutely love it. Can anyone recommend any mods and in what order should I do them? Cheers Lewis

City
Baytown
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Ford Fiesta
Not much of an idea for you but I always buy a "Dashmat" for every new car I get.

https://www.covercraft.com/us/en/product/dashmat-custom-dash-cover.DMC

In Texas our harsh UV radiation and heat will crack dashboards, but the UK it might not matter as much. I would still get one though. It adds a nice look and keeps the dash clean, especially in the far corners where dust might settle. I also like to install a high quality leather steering wheel wrap and upgraded floormats, and an additional protective mat in the trunk (or boot as you say). I like to keep my vehicles "stock" with the exception of upgraded protective items.

Enjoy your new ride!

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
7747F169-E5D4-4C5B-A2D4-F9D636434F7C.jpeg Mud or splash guard kits are very popular. The molded ones are not expensive and they do work to deflect stones and mud. I have a set of molded ones on my 2011. They work well for chip protection but they also reduce the amount of road dust buildup on the hatch and rear bumper. 86A6EB15-5DEF-4AB0-AA0C-6DA2CAA441A1.jpeg 254F292D-355B-432D-BAA1-62AAE13D7FBC.jpeg

Floor liners are also popular. I have both Weathertech and Husky liners. I can’t recommend one over the other.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Not much of an idea for you but I always buy a "Dashmat" for every new car I get.
This makes sense, for in many instances the layer ABOVE the dash can help deflect the heat build up on the parts and trim under that layer that would otherwise "smoke" the windshield with a haze that annoyingly hard to get rid of without leaving streaks. Takes a different approach to prevent the recurrence of swirl marks in the windshield which can be hazardous at night....

1671676168382.png

So I would like to know what happens or how well that cover works for your car's windshield

City
Baytown
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Ford Fiesta
All I can say is I don't notice the WS fogging up much at all. I might clean its inside once a year or so. So perhaps you are on to something, maybe the dashmat reduces hazing.

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
Hi everyone, just got my mk 8 fiesta st-line the other day. Absolutely love it. Can anyone recommend any mods and in what order should I do them? Cheers Lewis
We didn't get the Mk8 here in the US. Like the other posters, I'd recommend items that help protect and preserve your car for years of use. I don't know what engine it has, but the 1.0 turbo can be modded for more power. Look up mountune and other tuners for ideas.