Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

External temperature sensor

Sharon

City
Philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Ford Fiesta SE
I purchased my 2016 Ford Fiesta from a dealer in the summer of 2017. At that time I was able to see the external outside temperature on the dashboard. Not long after we had the car my husband took it in for an oil change. After that we noticed that display had disappeared. I’ve checked the web and YouTube and cannot find pics of this. Our dealer wants over $100 for diagnostic testing which is not covered under warranty. I just want to see if it’s worth it in trying to fux

OP
S

Sharon

City
Philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Ford Fiesta SE
Thread Starter #3
Sorry, no. I have the first SYNC.

OP
S

Sharon

City
Philadelphia
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Ford Fiesta SE
Thread Starter #5
My husband and I are positive it was on the car when we purchased it. It seemed to disappear when we took the vehicle to the mechanic for an oil change.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I would first go to the owners manual and see what it says about the external thermometer. The mechanic might have fumbled through the vehicle menu when resetting the maintenance monitor. He might have deselected the readout.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Go here...

https://www.lascoautoparts.com/v-2018-ford-fiesta--se--1-6l-l4-gas/body--bumper-and-components-front

Or if you're unable to...

1658920693677.png

Look for part #23 - Ambient Temperature sensor. - if you live in the US this sensor is similar for many of their model years.

1658960075052.png

They may have nicked the wiring or even removed the sensor to obtain access - it's easy enough to bump off and it may have fallen out of it's holster.

IF you can view the graphic on that link, the sensor itself is by the air intake snorkel to the front grille section. IF they had to remove a part of that to get at the air cleaner - they may have pulled the plug out of the unit - hopefully it is still there and you can just replug it in.

Last edited: