Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Ecoboost 1.0L CHT sensor

grobbins

City
Portland
State
OR
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 SFE
I had a problem about 9 months ago where my cooling fan ran on full blast at all times. At first the ford mechanic thought it was an issue with the CHT sensor, as it reads a constant 215 degrees at all times. The sensor was replaced but it didn't fix the fan problem so they swapped the part out again. The fan problem turned out to be caused by a bad PCM.

However, I recently noticed using a ODB reader that the CHT is still reading a steady 215 even when stone cold, so I'm guessing I still have a failed sensor. I've also noticed my fuel mileage has gone down, hovering around 35 MPG. I'm no ford tech, but I feel like these two things could be related.

The CHT sensor seemed like a simple enough part to DIY swap, so I ordered one. Now, however, I can't for the life of me find where it is on the engine. Even looking at the diagram on the for parts website, i just don't see it in the engine bay. Has anyone replaced this sensor before, and have any advice?

Attachments