Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Do guys think the Fiesta ST will be as popular as the Focus ST?

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
I've been doing a lot of inventory searches on the Fiesta ST and noticed that on average they will sit on the lot for about 3-4 weeks before they are sold, eventually at a $1-2k discount. I spoke with a salesman and he said the Fiesta ST isn't moving as fast as the Focus ST when it was first introduced. He even noted that the Focus ST was commanding MSRP when it first came out. He believes a lot of it has to do with the current incentives going on right now where the two vehicle prices can overlap or even undercut the Fiesta ST. Most buyers that he's dealt with often choose the Focus due to it's larger size.

So here's an example from a local dealer.
2013 Focus ST (ST1 Package) $23,998
2014 Fiesta ST (With Nav, Moonroof. No Recaros) $23,785

On the contrary if you compare the regular Focus and Fiesta you'll see a slightly larger gap.
2014 Fiesta SE $14,779
2014 Focus SE $15,861

So what do you guys think? Do you guys think Ford is pricing the Focus ST too low or the Fiesta ST too high? And will the Fiesta ST be as popular as the Focus ST in a few years?

T

TheRooster

Good Question, In my opinion the Fiesta is a great deal. Its classed with the abarth and mini S. The abarth is much slower and not much less expensive. The MINI is faster and much more expensive. If anything I think the Focus ST is slightly high on price. All the Focuses in my area(NE Ohio) are $27k+. I paid $22k for the fiesta. It has similar power to weight as the focus. All things being equal I wanted a focus, but not for the price gap, and i completly happy with the fiesta thus far.

R

robot

Right now I have a 2011 Fiesta in manual. No big complaints about it and it is fun to drive. I keep telling myself my next car will be an automatic but in the last 30 years I've kept with the stick. Now I got the bug for a more sporty car but I like small cars and the Fiesta ST seems to meet that urge but when I do make the purchase I'll test drive the Focus ST too.

Maybe the Fiesta ST is not selling as well because there have been a lot of complaints about it for reliability.

S

stuntdoogie

Right now I have a 2011 Fiesta in manual. No big complaints about it and it is fun to drive. I keep telling myself my next car will be an automatic but in the last 30 years I've kept with the stick. Now I got the bug for a more sporty car but I like small cars and the Fiesta ST seems to meet that urge but when I do make the purchase I'll test drive the Focus ST too.

Maybe the Fiesta ST is not selling as well because there have been a lot of complaints about it for reliability.
"complaints about it for reliability"

Where can I read about these complaints?

R

robot

"complaints about it for reliability"

Where can I read about these complaints?
http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/201...-ford-but-too-late-for-consumer-reports/?_r=0

You can also go to Edmunds and read the customer reviews and you'll see many complaints about the transmission. Ford screwed over a lot of their customers; that's the bottom line. Yes, I'm still interested in the ST and think Ford has mainly corrected their major issues, but they should have taken action sooner rather than later when it became obvious they screwed up. No car manufacturer is 100% but I hate it when the customer gets screwed because of the manufacturer's errors.

S

stuntdoogie

http://wheels.blogs.nytimes.com/201...-ford-but-too-late-for-consumer-reports/?_r=0

You can also go to Edmunds and read the customer reviews and you'll see many complaints about the transmission. Ford screwed over a lot of their customers; that's the bottom line. Yes, I'm still interested in the ST and think Ford has mainly corrected their major issues, but they should have taken action sooner rather than later when it became obvious they screwed up. No car manufacturer is 100% but I hate it when the customer gets screwed because of the manufacturer's errors.
Phew! Thank God this is is a 2 year old article and for Automatic transmissions...

I was about to back out of my order if the complaints were from present Fiesta ST models lol

A

audiphile

I found the opposite. the Fiesta ST seems to be selling, while almost all dealers I've been to have a number for Focus ST's, including many 2013's, for 3-4K UNDER INVOICE! (including 4K incentive from FORD + 0% financing). There is a Tangerine one in Jersey City FORD with ST2 and NAV that they'll let go for 22K..

I didn't like the crazy torque steer on the Focus, which is almost completely absent in the Fiesta, otherwise I'd have bought it.

S

stuntdoogie

I found the opposite. the Fiesta ST seems to be selling, while almost all dealers I've been to have a number for Focus ST's, including many 2013's, for 3-4K UNDER INVOICE! (including 4K incentive from FORD + 0% financing). There is a Tangerine one in Jersey City FORD with ST2 and NAV that they'll let go for 22K..

I didn't like the crazy torque steer on the Focus, which is almost completely absent in the Fiesta, otherwise I'd have bought it.
Theres A tangering Focus in Paramus with black racing stipes also :) looks damn nice...