Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

can't access information messages

Ian L.

City
Columbia
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Fiesta S
I have been getting information message amber alert lights. They appear in the media display area of the dashboard. No information is shown, just the little amber square with the letter "i" inside. The manual tells me the possibilities for what the lights could mean but not how to access what the lights mean. Believe it or not, an actual Ford service supervisor saw one of these lights in person and did not seem to know anything about the information messaging system. How can I find out the meaning of the indicators?

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Could you post an image of the display with the message?

D1JL

Did you try using the OK button in the center of the Infotainment System?
The UP, DOWN, RIGHT, & LEFT arrows at the same button can also guide you through the menus.

OP
I

Ian L.

City
Columbia
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Fiesta S
Thread Starter #4
Thanks for your replies. Sorry I didn't reply sooner, my internet was down. I cannot post images. But it's just a very small amber square with the letter "i" in it, shown in the bottom right corner of the media display screen. I have tried using the OK button, as the manual suggests this should be the thing to do, but without any result. Nothing on the screen. Same with the UP, DOWN, etc. buttons - no result. This is a cheap S model car without any bells or whistles. Any more ideas? There is a Ford dealership listed in my manual. I'll try calling them if I must.

D1JL

Sometimes that info warning is in addition to other messages.
For example, door ajar, and it will go away when the issue is resolved.
If the info icon is red, the problem is serious and the car should not be driven until checked.