Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Blew Tire and now Dash Lights On

emccarthy

City
Humble
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Ford Fiesta
Hey everyone! One of the tires on my 2011 Ford Fiesta blew about four days ago as I was driving on the freeway. Went and got a new rim and tire for the one that blew and a new tire for the other side just to make sure nothing was off balance. When I pulled off the freeway after the tire blew I saw that there were five lights on the dash that hadn’t been there before (image below). I’m also no longer able to see the mileage for my car (how many miles til empty, avg mileage, etc.) I thought these would go off once I had the new tires put on but they are still there. If anyone could help me figure out what this may be it’d be much appreciated (I know close to nothing about cars)!
9FD5E207-EED6-4F76-BE80-1599D05217D6.jpeg

City
cambridge
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
Looks like one of the abs sensors or wires got damaged when the tire blew. Might just have pulled enough to snap the inside wires and still look intact.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
I Concur with @robmurray77 The "blank" Miles indicator" refers to a toothed sender (optical) unit used to determine speed and tire rotation on the spindle or axle to trigger corrective control (Skid Control - your ABS and Hands On Steering light) - also the TPMS system, if the original "sender" was damaged in the blowout, the new one needs to be "accepted" or if possible the old one from the former rim, needs to be installed. - so you also have to perform the "Reset the Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS)" and check your wheels - for the "SENDER" and it's RECEIVER on the wheel well need to communicate. So the "Night-Lights Fireworks" you've got on your dash is being the "Captain Obvious" and still sees a problem.

If you've got some miles on the vehicle, and years - remember too, that the TPMS system REQUIRES Batteries - they use a 2450 type Lithium battery So in that blowout, the older batteries on the tires not fixed, may trigger this too - because they are weaker in signal output than the newer ones with fresh batteries.

Last edited: