Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Best wax product or paint sealant for a South Florida driven Fiesta?

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I'm wondering if I should just do a second wetsanding and clear coat paint. Or, just the normal application method and then a good paint sealant? I just want the Finnish to be able to hold up to the intense sunlight in that region for as long as possible.

OP
scotman

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Thread Starter #2
After some research, I decided to pay a bit more upfront and go with a Euro specification high solids clear coat when I paint the Fiesta. The cost difference is less than the added cost of many of the new ceramic paint sealants I have also been looking at. The factory paint Finnish is not too impressive. Very chip prone. I don't drive on gravel roads and maintain my distance from other cars.

OP
scotman

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Thread Starter #4
Car Pro reload is amazing sealant, I've been using it on my cars. It's not cheap though https://www.amazon.com/CarPro-Reload-Sealant-milliter-Sprayer/dp/B00L9A0AC8/
Yes. I looked at that one too. All the hi end sealant kits are very labor intensive to apply and then need a periodic touch up. I have decided to go with the high solids euro clear coat with increased amounts of UV inhibitors. I think the few mils of extra clear will just function as the workable safe margin for an expert detailer to buff down as the car Finnish ages. But, damn is that south Florida sun intense!

OP
scotman

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Thread Starter #6
Oh yeah! I went out to Phoenix raceway a few years ago and then went up to lake Havasu for a few days. My pale Michigan Caucasian skin was shocked by the solar intensity.

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
Oh yeah! I went out to Phoenix raceway a few years ago and then went up to lake Havasu for a few days. My pale Michigan Caucasian skin was shocked by the solar intensity.
lol, yup I know what you mean.