Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Antenna replacement

jul

City
KENILWORTH
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Fiesta Mk7
Hi All,

Julian, living in the West Midlands in the UK, new to this forum!

I am experiencing very poor radio reception recently on my Mk7 (2014). I am trying to replace the aerial/antenna and to remove the base, accessing the fixing from inside the car behind the interior lights.

I have seen several videos online mentioning that the fixing is easily unscrewed by using a T25 head.

HOWEVER on my car, no fixing with a T25 head! Under the antenna base, I can only see some kind of hollow hex head tube with a thread inside it (picture attached!) Seems irremovable, even with a pipe wrench..

Has anybody seen such an installation on their car? Any tip on how to remove the base then?

Many thanks in advance!

Attachments

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I would think that a visit to a reputable audio equipment install shop would be the best action you can take. This component might be easily damaged. It might require a special tool to remove it without destroying it and adding even more expense.