Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

2019 Fiesta SE screen blank and no audio

Shoreymjr

City
Deatsville
State
AL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Focus SE
I have a 2019 Fiesta SE with SYNC3. One day the screen went black and I can’t get any sound. I checked the fuse and it’s fine. I also tried a soft reset by pressing the power and seek/forward buttons. I pulled the fuse and left it out for several minutes and that didn’t do anything either. Any ideas?

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
You could try disconnecting the battery. That would force the whole system to reset. Not saying that will work, though. Are you still under warranty?

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
To help,

I have a 2018 with SYNC2 that often "hangs up" - seems it wants to do this when it wants to.

What I find is to leave it alone, but on. Why? More than likely it is a programming "clean up" issue that the PXE software (UNIX) has some house cleaning from Apps and updates that never completed. I only use it to run an USB stick for music. So even with a little simple thing to play as MP3's the thing often resets.

Since you've tried the "soft reset" and it didn't seem to fix anything - the other options are to clear any traffic on its CAN/USB bus system by pulling the battery - then any contention devices will also be reset, and the handshaking will start all over again.

IF you haven't done a 10-minute Initialization routine in a while - this may be a good time to also do that. Just a cold start after pulling the battery overnight and let the system warm up - if it's not going anywhere - while in idle the devices will attempt to restart and this also helps the PCM clean house and reset its own sensors back to zero and clear / test conditions and put it in its good-to-go Idle and mixture settings.