Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

2019 Fiesta Cold Air Intake

Pschaal13

City
MARYLAND HEIGHTS
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Fiesta
Anyone know where I can find a cold air intake for a 2019 Fiesta SE 1.6 NA? Can’t seem to find much for the 2019 year yet.Thanks!

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I would just contact the companies that are offering the item you are looking for and make a direct inquiry. I know intake tube design changes occurred for the 2016 model year on the ST version. You might want to pull the original tube and take pictures and provide the measurements for the various bungs for sensors in it. My guess is that few, if any, other 2019 Fiesta owners have requested an intake upgrade at this point.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Please update the forum when you get solid information on a brand of intake tube that fits your 2019 fiesta. That item, installed along with a low restriction air filter element and a low restriction muffler system, is pretty much the only performance enhancements that can be done to get a normally aspirated Fiesta engine to step up it's game. I understand that a device is available that will help throttle response by tricking the engine controller. I have no experience with that item. I have found that lightweight 15 inch alloy wheels will also give a noticable performance gain because lighter wheels are easier for that small engine to accelerate.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I don't think that they made deep functional changes. It's more likely to be a relocation of sensor bungs and a longer or shorter wire harness. The basic Fiesta doesn't have many calibration variants, compared to other Ford cars.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
If you still have the "snorkel" - the intake usually has a number imprinted on the plastic housing. look for the > PP - TD < and a "Ford" logo. The part number is in that area. You should be able to get that part from a dealer, or since you're on the internet - you can google a search for that part number.

That is, if you want a "Drop in" replacement.

If you're making a design change - then all bets are off. But I can tell you they did not make many changes when we went looking for 2018's and the 2019's mixed together. At least in the USA.

It is unfortunate they are closing down the line that makes these vehicles.

But what I can warn you about is; the design differences.

Just grab a "FRAM" or "Purolator" cross-reference book and you be able to take heart in knowing that the Air Filter, Oil filter - and Cabin filter (if you needed one) are the same. So that usually equates to the housings and the "footprint" it needs to function have not changed.

The 2019's are a "kit bash" of older stock and amortized-off leftovers. We witnessed it - for in our search we found a wide variety of features. We found a SYNC II vehicle but it used a "2017" whip radio antenna - while another in the same lot - also same year, was a "Shark fin" style antenna - also with SYNC, just couldn't tell if it had SYNC level III or still II - either way, you will find these vehicles are using parts - variants of older/previous model years. Even changes in the Center Console and armrest versus Package 100, versus 201A (interior trim upgrades and colors) as an example.

When it came to the Engine - be blessed that you have the TDI versus GDI injection - for in some vehicles they use the 1.0L 3-cylinder turbo boost as part of the ST-Line Trim level but in a "non-ST" trim level. So you can have several changes in Brakes, transmission and suspension alone as these car parts get used up.

Could be an interesting end of year closeout "mess" - similar to a competitors - SEE: DART.

Anyhoo, here's what I found...
AirCleanerAssy.jpg
Went here to get the above...

https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/part...ubmodel=&Filter=()&Location=air-cleaner,,9600

Good luck. Hope you find what you're looking for...

Since the powers that be usually call out the part as they see it. To locate the actual part you need to know what the called it in the assembly of all other other parts they called Air Cleaner.

So I found this in a deeper searcjh.

AirIntakeTube.jpg

Hope this helps!

Last edited:

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Hello Andy. I think the 1 liter is a very limited trim availability version. No titanium 1.0 or ST line versions of the 1.0 in America. In your visits to dealerships, have you seen many, or any ST-line versions? Those would definitely be a 2019.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Well, the ST-Line SE Trim model we saw, was in a pretty light Blue (like powder Blue) and was showroom. Which of course they tried to push onto us, but as we walked thru the lot outside - we noticed there were several of the same model but had differences in external trim.

What brought us to the dealers here in town, was due to the Rebate offers of up to $3000 US$ and 0% financing up to 60 months on their remaining newer inventory on their lots 2018's back in February. Being a former Scion owner these vehicles were going out the door at 2004 prices with even more accessories and features than Toyota could squeeze into their new line at that time

IT was at this point of questioning the level of trim and their differences in both wheel, mirror, as well as their rear spoiler, they went quiet - the one we did see in the powder blue was with the 1.6L 4 popper - but the one next to it in Burnt Cinnamon was a 1.0L 3-cylinder Eco boost but not ST Trim - was S line. (We never got any answers to the various differences, but they did mention that it - the 3 cylinder - was the same used in their EcoSport...which was not being discontinued)

It was when we saw the different radio antennas and yet, the stickers were for 2019 - that made us do some more research. Titanium has not been seen in the US since 2016 - still find some in the used lots but it never was a big selling point when Gas was still below $3.00 per gallon.

As I mentioned earlier, the parts that get used up in their inventory, might wind up in some of their lines in pretty bizarre combinations.

Just being a late intro into such a vehicle line - I missed out on a lot of stuff but I'm glad I do own one of their last remaining petrol-dinosaurs...

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Yes. It's very close to being a wrap! Pretty soon the choices will be SUV or pick up, if you don't want a Mustang. Not to trash the Stang, I've owned many and still have my 1969 Mach one. The relatively simple car is history.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Stock and Regular, ok - perhaps the Year and Engine the part CAME from to go into your 2019 might help.

As of now, Stock OR Regular sounds a bit confusing to those that think "Stock" is regular.

Got something to show you...

IF you have a snorkel that IS A 3-PIECE design like the upper post, then you should be ok.

HOWEVER, you know more about this than we do because you have the parts in hand.

Does the part THAT IS BROKEN a SINGLE PIECE? like this....?
STstyleCleaner.jpg

I found that here...
https://www.fordpartsgiant.com/part...9452;44153;28741)&Location=air-cleaner,,9C675

The above is for an ST which has the flexible snorkel to handle TORQUE issues from moving motor on it's mounts.

Else the 3 piece is what you need...

Why?

Plenum effect...a more of an emission issue of smoother air flow (Restriction in some references) for it's MAF / MAP sensor to work with.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
I love the Car...

And I thank you @MKVIIST for keeping this Forum as active as possible for enthusiasts' like what is here in this thread!