Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

2015 SE HB Build

OP
LionsTooth

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
Thread Starter #22
Upper grill PlastiDipped. Later, gonna get some plugs to fill the plate holes.

20210109_113850-01.jpeg 20210109_125948-01.jpeg

OP
LionsTooth

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #26
After a week with the upper grill dipped, gonna match the bottom grill and side covers tomorrow. [burnout]

1610502769796.png

OP
LionsTooth

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #27
OK...not perfect...still learning this Dip stuff, but for now good enough; so much better without the chrome that matched nothing else on the car. Really needs a bath but that will have to wait a week until the Dip sets up.

20210113_113141-01.jpeg

20210113_125813-01.jpeg

City
Denver
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Ford Fiesta SE
Super clean hatch, how was the plastidipped rear "diffuser" / cover been? What made you do it, still holding up? Mines been getting faded pretty bad between washes, even with plastics restorer. Not a bad idea to plastidip it.

Also did you cut down the rally armor flaps? Most of them installed look too big inline with the wheels, but you got them perfect.

OP
LionsTooth

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #29
Super clean hatch, how was the plastidipped rear "diffuser" / cover been? What made you do it, still holding up? Mines been getting faded pretty bad between washes, even with plastics restorer. Not a bad idea to plastidip it.Also did you cut down the rally armor flaps? Most of them installed look too big inline with the wheels, but you got them perfect.
The dip is only a couple of weeks old on the rear valance & the wing. So, far so good. I went with dip because I wanted to try something different and if I don't like it...peel and redo. No discoloration on the dip....that's the main reason I dipped the valance was how crappy that piece looked all the time. I may end up doing a color match one day on the wing, but I don't take the world that seriously. The flaps are stock shape. I just put them where it looked good to me. I won't be running much wider tires (205 max width; 185 now) and will stick with 15-inch wheels, so I didn't need them to stick out too wide.

OP
LionsTooth

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #33
The dip is only a couple of weeks old on the rear valance & the wing. So, far so good. I went with dip because I wanted to try something different and if I don't like it...peel and redo. No discoloration on the dip....that's the main reason I dipped the valance was how crappy that piece looked all the time. I may end up doing a color match one day on the wing, but I don't take the world that seriously. The flaps are stock shape. I just put them where it looked good to me. I won't be running much wider tires (205 max width; 185 now) and will stick with 15-inch wheels, so I didn't need them to stick out too wide.
Update on the dipped parts. All seems good after a suds & spray down at the high pressure car wash.

OP
LionsTooth

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #34
Trip on some country roads....

20210117_170013-02.jpeg

20210117_170045-01.jpeg

OP
LionsTooth

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #35
Next, but a ways off, an RMM and wider 15-inch wheels/tires.

OP
LionsTooth

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #37
Dropped in my fresh set of plugs, today [wrenchin]. After having a Grand Caravan for the fam for the last 5 years[rant]...these plugs are a piece of cake. Off to In n' Out before the game...
1612730616786.png

City
Denver
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Ford Fiesta SE
Dropped in my fresh set of plugs, today [wrenchin]. After having a Grand Caravan for the fam for the last 5 years[rant]...these plugs are a piece of cake. Off to In n' Out before the game...
Thats one of the most cali things Ive ever heard on a fiesta forum 😂 In N out just opened up a few months ago up here, the wait is still ~1-2 hours just to get your order 🙃 still waiting to reminisce in that west coast classic from my childhood 🤤

Also did you upgrade plugs or just a 1:1 replacement?

OP
LionsTooth

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #39
Thats one of the most cali things Ive ever heard on a fiesta forum 😂 In N out just opened up a few months ago up here, the wait is still ~1-2 hours just to get your order 🙃 still waiting to reminisce in that west coast classic from my childhood 🤤 Also did you upgrade plugs or just a 1:1 replacement?
5 minutes from my house...10 minute wait. Cool to have an In n Out in CO...where is it? Gotta take my dad when I visit next.

Stock Motorcraft SP525. Smoothed out a bumpy idle.

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
I used to live in Cali. I remember seeing In 'n Out Burger stickers on a lot of cars where they cut off the b and the r, so it said "In 'n Out Urge." :D