Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

2015 Replacement Key Issue

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
Just bought a 2015 SE HB that only came with one, four-button, key/fob. How do you go about getting another...dealer...other places...it seems that you need 2 keys to get one new key to work? Help? I hate not having a spare.

Randall

1601413485720.png

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
All the non perimeter sensing keys are a "milled cut" type. So,that aspect is very specific.
I never had a problem with programming the remote functions in past ford remote keys. But you will definitely need to have both keys near the car when the new key is cloned to the car.
The dealership parts department will require your VIN to order a new key.

OP
LionsTooth

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #4
All the non perimeter sensing keys are a "milled cut" type. So,that aspect is very specific.
I never had a problem with programming the remote functions in past ford remote keys. But you will definitely need to have both keys near the car when the new key is cloned to the car.
The dealership parts department will require your VIN to order a new key.

Yeah I only have one, so it looks like I am going to have to bite the bullet and pay the dealer.

OP
LionsTooth

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
Thread Starter #7
Got my key...$268 from the dealer...happy now.

flover123

City
ROSWELL
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta
Does anyone know how the keyless system works? If I lost my key can I swap the ECM and key from another Fiesta?

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Does anyone know how the keyless system works? If I lost my key can I swap the ECM and key from another Fiesta?
Nope. You need to visit the dealership service department and they can determine the correct key fob for the VIN that is assigned to the ECM. They will clone the new fob to the Fiesta