Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

2014 Fiesta SE 4dr NO 1st gear

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Well, to help you get started, you might want to consider what options you do have.

To simply tear down a transmission might help you learn a few things, but it may not solve the problem you're trying to solve.

The tranny is missing 1'st gear, or if it goes into it - it grinds.

Ok, then when you push the clutch all the way in, and 1st gear still grinds - means that the input shaft from the clutch and engine side is not stopping to let you do this. That means you have more than a 1st gear issue, you have a clutch not releasing fully enough to let the input shaft spin down - it won't let you get into 1st gear as the shaft is still turning - it is because of that lockout on the synchronizer - on 1st gear, preventing you from completing the shift into 1st gear.

We have got to get that straightened out first.

Last edited:
OP

8up

City
Indian Mound
State
TN
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 Fiesta SE 4dr
Thread Starter #22
it only had about 3oz of oil in it and once I got it all apart I found out why. It had a hole from the differential area thru to the bellhousing So now I have to find a replacement I can afford. Thanks for the Help Andy