Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

2014 FF hatch door removal. How to ???

Lordbaltas

City
Windsor
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2014 ford fiesta
How do I remove the wiring of the hatch (boot) door on my hatch back? I need to remove the hatch door to repair it. In order to remove the back hatch door first you have to remove the trim work on the ends of the car itself remove the rubber lining that goes around the trunk area then remove two holding clips they're the pushing type. Then you can gently pull down on the liner itself then you're able to disconnect the hose for the sprayer and the electrical wiring as well. I had to remove the push in wiring clip that's on the back side of the framework holding the wire and same for the hose putting it back maybe easier. Thank you all to who have answered and replied cheers

Last edited:

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
What are you looking to repair?
I wouldn’t recommend that you unbolt the hatch lid. They are very awkward to handle and easily damaged

OP
L

Lordbaltas

City
Windsor
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2014 ford fiesta
Thread Starter #3
What are you looking to repair?
I wouldn’t recommend that you unbolt the hatch lid. They are very awkward to handle and easily damaged
Thank you very much for your reply. I already removed the trim work up and around the liner area at the back of the car that gave me access to the wiring and then I was able to disconnect the wiring and pull it through the hole. However there's a nasty bunch of caulking that's all the way around the Rubber seal that I had to remove to get access to underneath the lining. That stuff seems to get on everything with a little bit of turpentine I was able to get it off just in the area I was working. I'll replace it again after I'm ready to put it back together. I'm removing the door so I can take it off and sand it down clean off all the rust body feel what needs to be body filled if any. Prime sand paint.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
I see, you kinda' got a pickle...

1683481318269.png
Part number
Hinge - Ford (8A6Z-5842900-A)

The upper - the hinge - on the side of the hatch (or hatch side) those are not easy to get at so to remove them is nearly impossible while it's on the car.

So either "cut" the pin and then suffer having to drill out and find a pin to fit and replace it

OR try and go thru the trim in the interior of the car to keep it OEM as possible.

So if the damage is on the lower body panel - best to stick with the interior trim removal and go from the inside. The lift weight though is pretty high - about 150lbs - so you'll certainly need two men to do it.

The Harness uses two clips - male female approach to that should be in the boot or nearby in the interior side. You can have up to 4 wires connector combos (USB cameral - lamps, hatch release Wire for Rear window defogger) for this all using connectors - so you'll do the offset approach - meaning that each wire and its connector pop out before you go to the next one. To get room to make them so they can be fished out - just remove the gasket at the body side so the boot harness itself can fish out easily enough. - One you have the hinges loose, lift the hatch, roll it back on the lower latch - it's bolts undone so you can have some adjustment so you can pull push the connectors thru.