Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

2013 exhaust on a 2014.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Yup! It will. But 600+ bucks. That kind of money causes me to have some expectations of real gains or improvement in either the handling or acceleration or improvement in the durability of the car. And to be honest, if it might get me laid.
But, we have Fiesta's. So the last reason should be discarded.

OP
Calebdrums1985
City
Saint peters
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 fiesta s hatchback
Thread Starter #3
Yup! It will. But 600+ bucks. That kind of money causes me to have some expectations of real gains or improvement in either the handling or acceleration or improvement in the durability of the car. And to be honest, if it might get me laid.
But, we have Fiesta's. So the last reason should be discarded.
Yeah I thought there wasnt to much diffrence from a 2013 to a 2014 besides the front bumper. Now im giddy like a school girl! Talked with pumaspeed and they have the 4-1 evo milltek header and highflow CAT. That will fit the 1.6l duratec. Already have the injen true cold air intank which has a nice growl to it.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Yup. Too bad we cannot do any remapping in the ECU. When I first read about the Fiesta powertrain in 2009, relatively hi compression, twin variable cams etc, I felt like you. I assumed that we would be able to do something to enhance the output. Hotter cams, improved intake and bigger injectors. But that wasn't in the cards for us

OP
Calebdrums1985
City
Saint peters
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 fiesta s hatchback
Thread Starter #5
Exactly...just gonna help the engine breath a little better and bump the hp a bit. Also ive installed a throttle response controller for the electronic throttlebody so I get that 1:1 ratio like a cables got. Takes away that delay when you hit the gas. I did order the magnaflow catback so I'm excited about that. Headers are next!

City
So Cal
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Ford Fiesta S 1998 Ford ZX2
Exactly...just gonna help the engine breath a little better and bump the hp a bit. Also ive installed a throttle response controller for the electronic throttlebody so I get that 1:1 ratio like a cables got. Takes away that delay when you hit the gas. I did order the magnaflow catback so I'm excited about that. Headers are next!
Link for the controller you used?

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
He's probably referring to throttle response improvers like Spring Booster or Pedal Commander.
I had a V1 iteration of the Sprint Booster. On my basic Fiesta it was more responsive but much more difficult to modulate inputs ( best description I can think of) when driving on an autocross course. This might be improved by now. I don't hear any discussion about it. Not sure why.

OP
Calebdrums1985
City
Saint peters
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 fiesta s hatchback
Thread Starter #8
Link for the controller you used?
No link needed its called a ROAR PEDAL...i was skeptical but i assure you its legit. Not gonna give you HP just gonna let ya use what ya got a little quicker. Install is super easy as well.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
That's one I haven't heard of. But the basic Fiesta fell off my radar for a while as I worked on the ST version.
Good throttle response is very important. On a street driven vehicle it's much more valuable than top speed.

OP
Calebdrums1985
City
Saint peters
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2014 fiesta s hatchback
Thread Starter #10
That's one I haven't heard of. But the basic Fiesta fell off my radar for a while as I worked on the ST version.
Good throttle response is very important. On a street driven vehicle it's much more valuable than top speed.
After exhaust I dont see much point in putting anymore money into it. ST has the spotlight...might as well buy one. Dont wanna sell this car either as its almost paid off and has 50k on odometer.

Unfortunately im not doing another 4cyl. Next car im determand will be a supercharged v8. Of which I dont know what make or model. I'm a car guy so im not loyal to any one manufacture.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I fully understand what you are saying. The value proposition for the basic Fiesta is not valid when the owner has to spend eight thousand dollars or more on upgrades to get it to a point where he can enjoy it.
That's true of every car. The Fiesta ST is a great car with a couple of big shortcomings to the enthusiast buyer's who intend to actually take it to a track event or autocrossing. The first one is cooling system capacity and the other being that torque vectoring/ electronic diff' feature. Both issues create the big potential for costly problems. And both shortcomings are not cheap to correct. There are a few more things that would need to be done as well. But the two I described have a high probability of destroying the engine and cooking the brakes if you aren't very careful.
There are many supercharged pony cars out there that are closer to track ready than any average FiST. I like the Fiesta, but I don't think that it's a good value for the money once it's been heavily modified.

City
STL
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Ford Fiesta SE
I think at that point if I wanted a fast FWD car I would just buy a Lotus Elan M100 and not even need massive upgrading.

High power V8s are fun, but for me you can't beat small and light. No V8 sports car drives like a sub 2000lb sports car.

Last edited:

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I think at that point if I wanted a fast FWD car I would just buy a Lotus Elan M100 and not even need massive upgrading.

High power V8s are fun, but for me you can't beat small and light. No V8 sports car drives like a sub 2000lb sports car.
Yup. Or a Mini Cooper. Or a first generation Miata. I grew up working with my dad on his Triumph TR6 and a Fiat/ Bertone X/19. He got pissed off when I told him that the 19 in X/19 was how many problems each one was guaranteed to have each month.
I love the style of the old sports cars. But they are generally a nightmare of ongoing issues and problems.

City
STL
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Ford Fiesta SE
That's why I tend to stay in the fuel injected world. I have a buddy with a TR3 and TR6. Love driving them, don't think I'd ever buy one though.

I would think really hard about getting a classic Beetle at the right price, and if I was rich I'd go for an Elan +2.

Last edited: