Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

2011 Ford Fiesta (USA) how do I know which transmission I have

My daughter purchased a 2011 Ford Fiesta w/ an automatic transmission from a used car dealer, not the Ford dealership. We are trying to determine if it has the Powershift transmission. There is no manual in the car. How can I identify which trans it has?

Or is it going to be a DCT since that is THE auto trans for that year Fiesta

Thank you

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
There are only two choices for North America. The Powershift DCT or the 5 speed manual transaxle. The first thing I would strongly recommend that you do is take it to your preferred Ford dealership service department and have the service writer run an OASIS report. This will provide you with a Ford service history of the car including any warranty work that was done. I would say a DCT Fiesta with a history of transmission replacement would be desirable to one with no history of that work. A lot of rethinking and material spec changes occurred since late 2014.