Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

1.0 EcoBoost reliability

Hmfman91

City
Paintsville
State
KY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 fiesta 1.0
I am thinking about buying a 2015 1.0 5spd with 99,500 miles. Trying to find info on these engines seems to be difficult and most info that I have been finding is from overseas. I am curious how many miles I should go on this factory timing belt? Seems like some people say it’s a “lifetime” belt but I find that hard to believe. Should I run away from the car or do you think it’ll last me a while? I hate to buy it and then immediately have to tear the engine apart

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
The engine is amazing. I don't have one of them. But, I have driven them about twenty times.
The emerging concerns are centered around the coolant reservoir and the feed and return lines and connectors. There have been cases of them becoming embrittled and failing in use. There are two water pumps in the system and I have understood that the electric one has created some bad conditions when it fails to do it's job.
You are right about the lack of information on these engines. I think discussion about them has been drowned out by the very high profile DPS6 transaxle debacle.

City
Stockport
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
2015 1.li ecoboost Fiesta titanium
My 2015 1 li ecoboost has its coolant leaking. Brought to the local garage and found out that the turbo is damaged. It's now out of warranty. Is this normal for a 5 yr old car? Ford thought it was bec of the water pump but they were wrong.