Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Chirping noise when accelerating

Ac3r4pt0r

City
Potchefstroom
State
Non-US
Country
South Africa
What I Drive
2017 Ford Fiesta Titanium
Hello dear members i have recently bought a second hand 2017 Ford Fiesta Titanium with 160k KM on the clock,when accelerating between 1000 rpm to about 2500rpm there is a chirping noise coming from i think the left side of the vehicle,when above 2500-3000rpm this noise cannot be heard any suggestions on what the issue might be?
Thanks in advance

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Does the pitch of chirping change as you increase the speed? Does the noise change or stop if you turn the steering wheel from left to right as you accelerate? If yes, you might have a CV joint that is needing grease. You may also have some debris in the front brakes or caliper slides that is causing a noise. It isn't expensive to jack up the Fiesta, pull the wheel off and perform a brake component inspection. Pull the caliper off the frame and remove the pads. Inspect and measure them for pad thickness and overall condition. Pop the caliper slides out of the frame and give them a cleaning with either a fine wire brush or a piece of steel wool. If the pads are acceptable condition, wire brush the ends of the pads that fit into the caliper slides a put a tiny amount of high temperature grease on the contact surfaces to allow the pads to float more freely. Then put it all back together and check to see if the noise has gone.

OP
A
City
Potchefstroom
State
Non-US
Country
South Africa
What I Drive
2017 Ford Fiesta Titanium
Thread Starter #3
Does the pitch of chirping change as you increase the speed? Does the noise change or stop if you turn the steering wheel from left to right as you accelerate? If yes, you might have a CV joint that is needing grease. You may also have some debris in the front brakes or caliper slides that is causing a noise. It isn't expensive to jack up the Fiesta, pull the wheel off and perform a brake component inspection. Pull the caliper off the frame and remove the pads. Inspect and measure them for pad thickness and overall condition. Pop the caliper slides out of the frame and give them a cleaning with either a fine wire brush or a piece of steel wool. If the pads are acceptable condition, wire brush the ends of the pads that fit into the caliper slides a put a tiny amount of high temperature grease on the contact surfaces to allow the pads to float more freely. Then put it all back together and check to see if the noise has gone.
Hello,it doesn’t increase in volume when accelerating,no noise when stop and turn steering wheel