Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

2015 S-model sedan...watch out now!

Dave88LX

City
York
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta S Sedan
Daily beater, especially in winter.
Hoping to get it to ride a bit better and be more tolerable to drive.
80K miles, 5-speed. Great gas mileage.
I'll be scouring the suspension forum first.

1670365036898.png

1670365079012.png

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Welcome to the forum.There’s plenty of options for the suspension. I really believe that we have more choices of genuinely good suspension components than 95% of the other compact cars in the world!
We have our pick of everything from the highest end Bilstien and H&R coilover kits to Koni Sport dampers or Koni STrT orange dampers, individually or as full kits. Bilstien B8 adjustables, B6 dampers which are rather heavy duty and firm or B4 which are O.E. replacement grade. Plus the just released KYB Excel G struts to go with their long availabile rear Excel G shocks. They should have that KYB sharpness and great build quality that so many civic and Fit owners have been experiencing for years.
And then there is Motorcraft and all the rest. But I am not very interested in the mediocre brands when for the price of a couple of happy meals more we can get very good quality products.
Plus, there is a large selection of bushing kits, bars and link kits and spring sets. The choices are almost as good as the cornucopia of goodie’s that are available for Mustang and Camaro enthusiasts

OP
D

Dave88LX

City
York
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta S Sedan
Thread Starter #3
Welcome to the forum.There’s plenty of options for the suspension. I really believe that we have more choices of genuinely good suspension components than 95% of the other compact cars in the world!
We have our pick of everything from the highest end Bilstien and H&R coilover kits to Koni Sport dampers or Koni STrT orange dampers, individually or as full kits. Bilstien B8 adjustables, B6 dampers which are rather heavy duty and firm or B4 which are O.E. replacement grade. Plus the just released KYB Excel G struts to go with their long availabile rear Excel G shocks. They should have that KYB sharpness and great build quality that so many civic and Fit owners have been experiencing for years.
And then there is Motorcraft and all the rest. But I am not very interested in the mediocre brands when for the price of a couple of happy meals more we can get very good quality products.
Plus, there is a large selection of bushing kits, bars and link kits and spring sets. The choices are almost as good as the cornucopia of goodie’s that are available for Mustang and Camaro enthusiasts
Thanks!
Coming out of a 2016 GTI, so it's been a bit of a rude adjustment riding in this car. If I could make it ride close to that, I would be happy. My commute is 150 miles round-trip, so I'd like to keep my kidneys intact, yet I'd like to be able to drive down the highway and not feel like the ass-end is going to come around on me with the slightest maneuver at-speed. I'm happy with the way both the GTI and my Camaro ride, so that balance of control/ride quality is what I would be after.

I've heard a lot of good things about the Bilsteins, and am considering the B6 or B8. Unsure if there's a better spring that would match to the B6 over the factory springs or if I'm better off dropping ~1" or so with springs and using B8s instead.

I will move this over to Suspension where it will benefit more people.

Last edited:

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I believe that Bilstien is the supplier for the dampers on your Camaro. They are highly regarded.

OP
D

Dave88LX

City
York
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta S Sedan
Thread Starter #5
I'm not positive who makes them...but this particular one (1LE) has the magnetic ride control. I looked up who makes those...pretty interesting technology.

(Just some gee-whiz info)

Magnetic Ride Control was initially developed as MagneRide by Delphi Automotive Corporation, an automotive supplier founded by General Motors in 1994 as the Automotive Components Group (ACG).

In 1995, ACG was renamed to Delphi Automotive Systems and subsequently spun off as a fully-independent publicly-held corporation in 1999. After filing for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in 2005, Delphi was subsequently purchased by Beijing West Industries, which currently owns the company.

City
St Louis
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'14 SE Sedan
Ill piggy back off this post. Is anyone running this setup?
FORD PERFORMANCE PARTS M-FR3-FA FIESTA HANDLING PACK

OP
D

Dave88LX

City
York
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta S Sedan