Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

sundaynightcoffee's fiesta

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
Just added my sequential indicators! Love em!
Looks great with the white. I am guessing it will be more subtle with my magnetic, but it's on my list, for sure.

City
St Louis
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'14 SE Sedan
That looks neat, that "blackout" Mirror standoff really accents the trim accessory well!

But give it some time to work and you can get used to it. I Would like to hear back on how you feel about the "functionality" the light provides versus the OEM stock one
Have to wait for a sunny day here in Missouri but ill let ya know

City
St Louis
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
'14 SE Sedan
Haha yeah I know a guy. I want to delete all the chrome but dont want to work that hard on it

OP
sundaynightcoffee
City
Denver
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Ford Fiesta SE
Thread Starter #27
I Would like to hear back on how you feel about the "functionality" the light provides versus the OEM stock one
I think they work great, they aren't neccessarily as bright obviously as the stock ones, but I can easily see them in reflections, so from someone elses pov I think they do a good job. I also love that they light up/run a sequence upon unlocking the vehicle. Makes me feel like its fancier than it really is

OP
sundaynightcoffee
City
Denver
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Ford Fiesta SE
Thread Starter #30
This weekend the fiesta got some tlc while the weather was a little warmer here in Denver, can see the *newer* rhino rack roof rack system. Thinking of swapping it soon for my other square euro bars.

20210219_171904.jpg 20210219_190926.jpg 20210219_191227.jpg
20210219_190806.jpg

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
This weekend the fiesta got some tlc while the weather was a little warmer here in Denver, can see the *newer* rhino rack roof rack system. Thinking of swapping it soon for my other square euro bars.
Loving the Green Hell decal! I am leaning toward a hitch with a basket, rather than a roof rack. But then I don't ski enough to use a rook rack, either...they go in the car since I go by myself.

OP
sundaynightcoffee
City
Denver
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Ford Fiesta SE
Thread Starter #33
Loving the Green Hell decal! I am leaning toward a hitch with a basket, rather than a roof rack. But then I don't ski enough to use a rook rack, either...they go in the car since I go by myself.
Believe me, it was green hell. Wouldn't die from the turns, but from the real cars speeding past! I didn't mention it in this build thread, but I originally bought my fiesta (US auto source) while I was living in Germany for a few years. Before I came back to the US, I HAD TO go to the ring. Ill have to find one of my pics in front of the stands. I promise its been on there, and its a legit decal from there [coolsmile]

and to be honest...never been skiing (so far) and never used it like that but always loved the looks of the stanced/slammed hatches and civics rocking the racks. I have toted a fair bit of lumber on top of the rack though

OP
sundaynightcoffee
City
Denver
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Ford Fiesta SE
Thread Starter #35
This weekends work was installing my zetec grill I ordered awhile back from the UK as well as adding some eyebrows to make the headlights a little more focused.
20210228_155505.jpg
Happy with the results but the grill was a pain to remove the UK bumper isn't a 1:1

20210228_111641.jpg
20210228_121728.jpg

Removal took some real yanking, first had to take off the red outlined piece then the blue to remove the grill
20210228_121754.jpg Inked20210228_121754_LI.jpg

As you can see the new one is a little smaller and doesn't sit anywhere to stay attached.

20210228_141721.jpg

The blue outlines the places I used zipties to hold it in place 😅 Its surprisingly stable though! Drilled into a section of the first part that got removed, and another on a tab on the grill on the sides. And at the top and bottom there was 2 tabs on the bumper and 2 on the grill that I strategically tied together. All of them together keep it in place temporarily until I find a better method. Anyone have any suggestions to improve it? Open to ideas!
Inked20210228_141721_LI.jpg

20210228_145922.jpg

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
This weekends work was installing my zetec grill I ordered awhile back from the UK as well as adding some eyebrows to make the headlights a little more focused.
View attachment 4692
Go full out and Dremel all the blocked honeycombs out....hehe. I love that grill! May go that way one day.

OP
sundaynightcoffee
City
Denver
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Ford Fiesta SE
Thread Starter #37
Go full out and Dremel all the blocked honeycombs out....hehe. I love that grill! May go that way one day.
Just so see the big grey crash bar behind it [8] lol It wasn't too bad of a project, and it was ~$75 converted and shipped. Took around 2-3 weeks to make it. Definitely prefer the look of this, thinking of putting some sort of weather stripping around it to kinda seal it in there and make it a little more proper. I will of course add as I go so when/if others get it, they dont make my mistakes

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Thanks for sharing this - very intuitive for me to learn several things without my wife seeing my cars parts scattered over the floor while I take photos.

The grill really looks good on that - and yes, welcome to the USA - we raise our glasses, and our bumpers, up high...wish I knew why...[idea]

At least the vehicle can survive the run in with with a Grocery cart and actually win against a few vehicles in more than two falls out of three.

When you say "Eyebrows" were you referring to a light ring of some type of just a lamp upgrade?

But you asked...
All of them together keep it in place temporarily until I find a better method. Anyone have any suggestions to improve it? Open to ideas!
I've owed vehicles that had their front bumper pieces stay on better than the OEM fasteners by using Zip Ties, so knowing what you're up against - any possibility of using the "ring" of the former grille as a donor as a means of spacer material? Else the only other thing I could offer is to use some type of black weather-stripping as the "grommet/Gasket" if you're concerned with rattle. Again, from a previous experience - the "Gasket" is common single side adhesive type - foam to fill gaps up to 1/2" thick and comes in rolls - up to 3/4" wide - you don't need that width, you just need the gaps fully filled in equally
  • - now to recommend that, I'd need time and good weather to see my own efforts in my cowl / Grille mods to actually offer a true direction
  • - but I'm working on it...
Right now, I'm waiting to the weather to improve here so I can break out the tool set and play with mine - I am curious to know - what type of shaft extension did you use to gain the "flex" needed to work around the door - thru to get to that internal "tab" to get at the bolts to remove that front cowl?

Last edited:
OP
sundaynightcoffee
City
Denver
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Ford Fiesta SE
Thread Starter #39
When you say "Eyebrows" were you referring to a light ring of some type of just a lamp upgrade?
Ill have to post some better pictures, but I put a thin piece of black wrap on the top portion of the headlight to even up the look of the hood against the lights. Shapes it up alot nicer.

I'm really glad you brought up weatherstripping that was honestly what I was thinking. Get some nice quality stripping about 1/4in thick to line it to keep in place. Honestly the ties do a real nice job keeping it place, funny you say that ties do a better job sometime. Might just keep improving the setup as is. Of course I will post pics as I improve it!

For our US specs, we HAVE to remove the bumper to get at the grill, theres no way around it. I wasted 3 hours trying to pry at the grill like the UK boys do. Removing the bumper honestly was a pretty easy job and alot less time wasted....and it was nice to learn the process.

Not sure why you're going into the cowl, I assume you're talking about the wiper cowl. It made great work holding all the hardware and tools, but I didn't have to touch it. To remove the front bumper (after removing the headlights) it was all of 3 8mm bolts towards each fender, 2 t20 bolts on each liner (have to remove the wheels to get your driver in there), 5 7mm bolts on the bottom for the airdam and then 2 philips pop clips towards the tops by the latch. The whole bumper as seen above comes right off at that point. I used this video to go through the whole thing. Some bolt sizes were different but basically all the same process.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Ah ok...sorry when I type this stuff - I read thru but didn't catch the cowl part, meant the front skirt, or bumper, but to me front skirt and front cowl are kinda interchangeable - but that's just me - thanks for reminding me that not everyone sees stuff like I do. I've been accused before of making wrong Noun-words mean different things!

I also have been looking into a mod for the strut towers that requires a little effort of removing the wiper cowl in order to even mount them - they're similar to what EBay offers but I've got a line on some other hardware to accomplish this, this is a homebrew - it's the routing around the engine, Brake booster Master cylinder and reservoir

But anyhoo, the 3 - 8mm bolts - what did you use for the extension to get at them?

A local Home Depot used to have a carbon fiber woven extension of about 8" long in 1/4" drive - but of course they have been out of stock for some time - wanted to know how long of a shaft or how much of a "wobble" was needed?

Why I ask is on one vid I see some type of flex extension and they didn't go into a lot of details except to caution you that you'll need to use some type of wobble or flexible extension to get access to those bolts - I hope you did not have to "scratch up" the Fender to Skirt mounting mess inside to get those bolts out of there.