Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Reflective sunscreen blocking window filler panels. A really low buck dollar store sourced project!

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I traced the inside perimeter of the rear side windows onto a sheet of newsprint. Cut the template out and laid it on a sheet of quarter inch thick foam board from the dollar store. Cutting very slightly under the line that i traced.
Then i took a dollar store reflective foil and foam windshield sunscreen and placed it face down on the foam side of the sunscreen.
Then i over 20210920_192723.jpg cut around the sunscreen by about 1.5 inches. Once I had it trimmed, i marked the position of the panel on the reflective sheet with a sharpie pen to ease positioning when i sprayed on the adhesive.
I let the spray adhesive set for about 15 minutes before I pressed it onto the foam board.
These panels are an interference fit into the window frames and don't need any retainers or tape to stay in place.
When i want to remove them i just gently pull on the extra margin of material.
I will post pics of the rear hatchback window panel soon. It looks like it will be a two piece design with a velcro strip to connect the center cut.
I thought that some owners might appreciate this simple and inexpensive solution to either blocking the suns heat or gaining easy privacy for napping on long road trips.

Attachments

OP
scotman

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Thread Starter #2
I finally got both time and clear enough weather to start fitting the sun blocking/ privacy panels for the hatch back window.
Divided vertically in the middle, these look like they will be a simple "press fit".
Still have some edge trimming and gluing to call it done. But this is 90% completed!
The rear glass being curved causes these panels to not fit flush to the glass. But, it still fully blocks daylight and also stays in place even when i slam the hatch lid shut. Which is as severe a test of secure fit as i can think of.

20211012_115044.jpg 20211012_114821.jpg 20211012_114909.jpg

Last edited: