Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Rear brakeplates busted for good.

City
algaraas
State
Non-US
Country
Sweden
What I Drive
Ford Fiesta XR21 1990
rear backplates busted beyond repair need new urgently. seached like a blue maniac after these, 203 mm drums. could work with rust free used parts as well. but... where to find it? Or which parts are best to use for a rear disc brake conversion? as it seems these plates seems to be rarer than hen's teeth. All other required parts are found for the repair.

Attachments

OP
X
City
algaraas
State
Non-US
Country
Sweden
What I Drive
Ford Fiesta XR21 1990
Thread Starter #2
I can order worldwide, need then urgently.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I would go to Ebay it's pretty much global.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Considering that the 1990 Fiesta was never imported to America, you might want to see about the one closer to you

OP
X
City
algaraas
State
Non-US
Country
Sweden
What I Drive
Ford Fiesta XR21 1990
Thread Starter #6
I would go to Ebay it's pretty much global.
going nuts, can't find anything
Considering that the 1990 Fiesta was never imported to America, you might want to see about the one closer to you
Yeah, but this forum has members worldwide, and the hope is the last thing leaving

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
There’s a good possibility that they have changed the part number. I read your plea on the ford owner’s club forum. That piece might very well be available new from the dealership parts stores! Keep us updated on your search.

OP
X
City
algaraas
State
Non-US
Country
Sweden
What I Drive
Ford Fiesta XR21 1990
Thread Starter #10
There’s a good possibility that they have changed the part number. I read your plea on the ford owner’s club forum. That piece might very well be available new from the dealership parts stores! Keep us updated on your search.
Found some in Lithuania of all places! Expensive as &&%%¤% but my only choice. 49 and 146 USD, According to Ford, it has not been replaced, and has been discontinued, yes, I have asked Ford about them, and a Ford guy will call me up about eventual newer parts fitting, this guy was sick now. Guys like him are gold worth for the hobby. I haven't given up, not yet. have maybe some luck with units in Holland who may have NOS/better used at shelves.

OP
X
City
algaraas
State
Non-US
Country
Sweden
What I Drive
Ford Fiesta XR21 1990
Thread Starter #11
If one will succeed to own these rare cars, you must be a stubborn bugger to make it

City
Not-US
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE
If one will succeed to own these rare cars, you must be a stubborn bugger to make it
...or switch to rear disc :unsure:
I am curious if other B platform Ford brake plates could be modified to fit the same mounting and you could switch to a drum setup from a Ka or a Puma? Or even more modern Fiesta drums.
Mk4 & Mk5 plates are awfully close looking
s-l640.jpg s-l1600.jpg

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
OR just see if you can get a whole new (junkyard - new to you) wishbone (Axle) and rear assembly - it may be more than what you need, but the parts bonanza would help you in keeping your own Fiesta going.

OP
X
City
algaraas
State
Non-US
Country
Sweden
What I Drive
Ford Fiesta XR21 1990
Thread Starter #14
OR just see if you can get a whole new (junkyard - new to you) wishbone (Axle) and rear assembly - it may be more than what you need, but the parts bonanza would help you in keeping your own Fiesta going.
It has a different rear axle in comparison with the average Fiestas. So the rear axle is not easy to find either 20200504_101503.jpg More like other XR cars. and Ford uses 180 or 203 mm drums on these cars and 180 is too small for these disguised race cars.

Last edited:

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
for these disguised race cars.
???

Really? Ok, that is a picture of the idea I was getting at. It may need to be fabricated - you may have little options left from aftermarket and dealers - many have either died or moved on or simply left it behind.

When I say Fabricated, you don't have many options of reusing the older support for the rust inside and outside may have compromised the integrity so the whole effort will have to be done from the ground up.

IT is my hope that you may not only find that the arms may fit but hoping that Ford decided that to keep the tooling and carriage the same size for future models off of this line - they kept the dimensions similar and with slight mods or perhaps some welding to reposition the pivots - you can retrieve a later model one and use it for this purpose.

Reason why I say that is the Fiesta wishbone is very similar in design - only they tried to lighten it up and skimp on the metal mass used so they can take a few more pounds off of this mastodon and keep it classified in weight scales as a small car and not weighing in like a Freightliner.

Last edited:
OP
X
City
algaraas
State
Non-US
Country
Sweden
What I Drive
Ford Fiesta XR21 1990
Thread Starter #16
???

Really? Ok, that is a picture of the idea I was getting at. It may need to be fabricated - you may have little options left from aftermarket and dealers - many have either died or moved on or simply left it behind.

When I say Fabricated, you don't have many options of reusing the older support for the rust inside and outside may have compromised the integrity so the whole effort will have to be done from the ground up.

IT is my hope that you may not only find that the arms may fit but hoping that Ford decided that to keep the tooling and carriage the same size for future models off of this line - they kept the dimensions similar and with slight mods or perhaps some welding to reposition the pivots - you can retrieve a later model one and use it for this purpose.

Reason why I say that is the Fiesta wishbone is very similar in design - only they tried to lighten it up and skimp on the metal mass used so they can take a few more pounds off of this mastodon and keep it classified in weight scales as a small car and not weighing in like a Freightliner.
Well, I'm finding a solution, but this how car look

Attachments

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Oh! You're awesome - wish you the best on this.

Raises the question - are you using (or going to) the BC tranny or the more modern IB5 or M6?

Curious as to the differential gear if you're thinking 4.15 or the 3.82...

OP
X
City
algaraas
State
Non-US
Country
Sweden
What I Drive
Ford Fiesta XR21 1990
Thread Starter #18
Oh! You're awesome - wish you the best on this.

Raises the question - are you using (or going to) the BC tranny or the more modern IB5 or M6?

Curious as to the differential gear if you're thinking 4.15 or the 3.82...
This car is bone stock from the factory, inclusive 13" RS wide racing wheels and a tow bar mounted at factory. Only I mounted on it, is those rally lights as I live in a forrested area with a hell lot of deer, and have already run over one, busted the front license plate, and the deer rolled under the car. Not messed with the driveline. it's still untouched except basic service since factory. these cars busts still newer Fiesta ST' s on the track. 20200320_180059.jpg 20200520_183212.jpg 20200520_183212.jpg 20200320_180059.jpg 20200821_163854.jpg 20200520_183212.jpg 20200320_180059.jpg 20200821_163854.jpg 20200520_183455.jpg

Last edited:

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Oh I want one, with a Pinto motor...

Gott'a be N/A carbureted - I've gott'a try...

Have fun with this and I know how you feel and have experienced with Deer - glad to see you're ok.

Sometimes even the driving lites are never enough.

Hope you don't find Caribou...

OP
X
City
algaraas
State
Non-US
Country
Sweden
What I Drive
Ford Fiesta XR21 1990
Thread Starter #20
Oh I want one, with a Pinto motor...

Gott'a be N/A carbureted - I've gott'a try...

Have fun with this and I know how you feel and have experienced with Deer - glad to see you're ok.

Sometimes even the driving lites are never enough.

Hope you don't find Caribou...
CHV's are some raw units, revvy like beast, they bark, this barks at 87 decibel on idling, 1,6 liter, these with catalytic are 103 hp, without at öeasy 105. No powersteering, no AC, just basic, just a lot of power, just over 1000 kilos 0-100 kph 8 sec top speed closer to 200 kph. and everything under the hood is unrestored. as well the interior. We've worse than caribous, we've mooses which smash cars all the way to the scrapyard! and killing people, up to 600-700 kilos of animal

Last edited: