Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Really Bad Mileage on 1.0 Ecoboost

Reifhardt

City
Croswell
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta sFe
Hello
I have a 2015 sFe and I really like this car but I cannot understand why my mileage has plummeted. I bought it a year ago and like any gear head I immediately added an intake which made a big difference and did a muffler delete so I could enjoy that sweet 3 cyl rumble. Which also made a big difference. After a few months my mileage started to slowly get worse and worse. There was a time with both the intake and the muffler delete I was averaging 41 to 38 mpg with fairly aggressive driving. And when I would baby it I could get as high as 47. Now about 6 months later I'm down to 30 average and I have no cel's It runs smooth and still feels very responsive. I have changed the plugs, the oil, made sure tire pressures were good. So I started thinking maybe the mods were affecting it. So I put the stock airbox back on and it's actually a bit worse now. But after I did this I realized the performance felt exactly as it did before I put the stock box back on. Like the performance got gradually worse and I just hadn't noticed. So my next thought is does this fiesta automatically detune itself to stay stock? I figured it might need back pressure so my next step was to put a more restrictive muffler back on. I'm hesitant to take it to a dealer because they all suck and will charge me hundreds to tell me they can't find anything. I'm just at a loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also I have done quite a few searches before posting here and have come up with nothing.

Thanks again. Ben

Spock

I have the 4-cyl 1.6L engine and this time of year, my mileage has gone down by 4-5 MPG. I think it's the winter blend gas with 10% ethanol.