Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Question regarding a Mk4 Ford Fiesta that I am being given.

City
Bournemouth
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
1997 Mk4 Fiesta
Hello, I am an owner of several classic cars (1983 Mk2 Granada Ghia X Estate, 1985 Mk2 Granada LX Estate, a few Rover 600s and a Rover 820i).
An elderly family friend is reserving their 1997 mk4 pre-facelift Ford Fiesta for me, when she gives up driving. It is Moondust silver with five doors and has a 1.25 16v zetec engine. I am trying to find more information on the exact car such as the exact model and trim level. I don't currently have the vin number and she lives too far away to quickly visit to check it. I have a few photos of it from when I visited it last, and the rear end has a Fiesta badge and a 16v badge. The inside has a driver airbag, electric front windows and manual mirrors from what I can see in my interior photographs. It also has body-coloured bumpers and I believe plastic covers over the wheels (My father suspects that it is steel wheels). It is manual with 5 gears. I could only find one website that lists the trim specs for the Mk4, and these details lead me to believe it is an LX, but I am not certain. When I have looked it up on registration checking websites it calls it a Fiesta Flight. I have been unable to find what "Flight" means as there isn't much documentation online that I could find other than an eBay listing of a Mk3 "Flight" special edition. If anyone could help clarify what Flight means and give me an idea of the trim level, if possible, that would be great.

Edit: I found out what it means. It was a trim only made in 1997 which was the LX trim with some extras. The Flight trim was discontinued after 1997 for the Mk4 as those extras became normal features of the LX.

Last edited:

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
We never got those cars in the US. From what I could find, the Flight trim was an option group.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Yeah. That one doesn't look like anything beyond some better trim. It would be pretty much up to the guy who ends up with it to decide if it meets his needs.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Oh I'd love one of these!

1643063389017.png

These are the Fun Cars!

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
A car that light w/ 74 hp/81tq would be a lot of fun and economical, too.