Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Old Owner, New Member - Mo Powa Baby --2013 Ford Fiesta SE--

LilLeeAnn

City
Saint-Jerome
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Ford Fiesta SE 2013 5speed Manual
Hello!
I joined the Forum because I've had my Ford Fiesta for a while, and now that it's paid off I'd like to do some fun stuff.

I feel it lacks in power/torque at times, going up hills, etc.. Not sure if I'm shifting too low or not, but I am wondering what should I do as "Step 1" of trying to increase power/torque? I was thinking of a new Cold Air Intake but I'm not sure where to look to buy one, what's compatible with my car, how to find out if my car can take it, what else I might have to change to make it work and not "muff up" other components, and how to install it.

Thanks for the help!

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
Welcome aboard! I assume you have the NA 1.6L? In terms of adding performance parts, sadly there's not much support for the regular Fiesta owners.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Hello!
I joined the Forum because I've had my Ford Fiesta for a while, and now that it's paid off I'd like to do some fun stuff.

I feel it lacks in power/torque at times, going up hills, etc.. Not sure if I'm shifting too low or not, but I am wondering what should I do as "Step 1" of trying to increase power/torque? I was thinking of a new Cold Air Intake but I'm not sure where to look to buy one, what's compatible with my car, how to find out if my car can take it, what else I might have to change to make it work and not "muff up" other components, and how to install it.

Thanks for the help!
Add a low restriction intake tube and a K&N air filter element. Both very easy to do.
Beyond that, the few things possible are making sure you don't haul around crap that isn't needed. That is free and could be about 50 lbs.
Add 15 inch aftermarket wheels that are not over 12. 5 lbs each. That is about it.
Did you buy your Fiesta as a new car?

OP
L

LilLeeAnn

City
Saint-Jerome
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Thread Starter #4
Welcome aboard! I assume you have the NA 1.6L? In terms of adding performance parts, sadly there's not much support for the regular Fiesta owners.
Yeah I do, I also spoke to some close friends and even the Dealer (lol) and they said the same thing. The SE was not "meant" to be played around with :/

OP
L

LilLeeAnn

City
Saint-Jerome
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Thread Starter #5
Add a low restriction intake tube and a K&N air filter element. Both very easy to do.
Beyond that, the few things possible are making sure you don't haul around crap that isn't needed. That is free and could be about 50 lbs.
Add 15 inch aftermarket wheels that are not over 12. 5 lbs each. That is about it.
Did you buy your Fiesta as a new car?

I do have stuff in my trunk, like extra wipers (one flew off at night in a snowstorm, it was scary) extra washer fluid, safety kit.
Will the new intake and filter cause issues elsewhere? I'm not very knowledgeable to specifics, just general info., when it comes to cars. I'm not sure if there are downsides for the engine or whatnot for this. From what I've heard and seen and read, I don't think so...
I could look for lighter wheels in the future too, to help. I've painted them all twice now but the paint chips off so that could be something to look into for sure.

City
Virginia Beach
State
VA
Country
United States
What I Drive
14 Fiesta SE
I do have stuff in my trunk, like extra wipers (one flew off at night in a snowstorm, it was scary) extra washer fluid, safety kit.
Will the new intake and filter cause issues elsewhere? I'm not very knowledgeable to specifics, just general info., when it comes to cars. I'm not sure if there are downsides for the engine or whatnot for this. From what I've heard and seen and read, I don't think so...
I could look for lighter wheels in the future too, to help. I've painted them all twice now but the paint chips off so that could be something to look into for sure.
As long as you install parts that are compatible with the engine, you won't have any issues with it. The intake and filter won't add any extra stress to engine components, they allow the engine to breathe more freely than the stock airbox and paper filter

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
Hello!
Welcome! [driving]

OP
L

LilLeeAnn

City
Saint-Jerome
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
Thread Starter #8
City
STL
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Ford Fiesta SE
I don't think it would be worth the cash TBH. The rear transaxle mount seems to be the best bang for buck. Reduces losses in the drivetrain.