Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Official Fiesta ST Ordered Thread

S

STooge

Hey guys, I'm not sure if it was covered, I think I read this complete last week and did not see it, but is there a way to track it once its on a truck? Or is it just kind of a "hope for the best"?

R

rodmoe

Hey guys, I'm not sure if it was covered, I think I read this complete last week and did not see it, but is there a way to track it once its on a truck? Or is it just kind of a "hope for the best"?
Nothing I know of for tracking once on the truck .. If anyone else knows of anything Plz post up so we can add this to our thread :)

I

ileftthestoveon

Talk to your sales person. He/She wont know exactly where the truck is, but will know if your car has been received by the carrier (loaded on the truck) or still sitting in the staging lot. They should also be able to tell you if the carrier has departed from the lot.

G

GerardF1

Here is the latest update - and with any luck the last ( or maybe 2nd last ),

The car arrived in Halifax Nova Scotia on either the 3rd or 4th. It was scheduled to get on a container ship yesterday for the trip to St. John's Newfoundland. It should arrive in St. John's by Monday and then will be sent to my dealer for arrival on the 12th. They do the prep for me to pick up on Friday the 13th. And no I am not a superstitious person so I really don't care if it is a Friday the 13th. (the only thing Friday the 13th means is that it was the name of a bunch of really bad horror/slasher films)

So if all goes well (no bad weather to screw up the timetable I have a week and then I have the car.

The last piece of the puzzle is that I am haggling over the winter tyres for with the dealership. They quoted $958 for the package plus tax (13%). I went online and could get all the parts I wanted for less than $750 tax included. I went back to them and said seeing as I paid sticker less Ford employee pricing and they have no carrying costs for the car on the lot how about $400 all in for the winter package. That was yesterday and I have not heard back since.

G

GerardF1

So. After waiting 105 days (not that I am keeping an up to the moment running score) And having screwed up royally on not ordering the winter tyres and rims after being reminded a month ago and again two weeks ago - and knowing that I have been waiting patiently for 105 days - and knowing that I am not a happy camper about having to order tyres and rims myself because the dealer screwed up after my waiting 105 days. The dealer had the utmost stupidity to email today with pictures of the car sitting on the lot. I do not care that it is on the lot today because I cannot drive it today because you screwed up. He might as well have put nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah at the end of the ************g email.

MKVIIST

Staff Team
State
AZ
Country
United States
Sorry to hear, but that can be an easy fix if the dealer just took the initiative to swap out the tires for you.

G

GerardF1

Their "reason" for not ordering the tyres was that they said Ford changed the winter tyre specs recommending a alloy open style rim and they were unsure what they should do. If they had called or emailed to advise of the problem I could have informed them of what I wanted - but they didn't. Until two days before the car arrived and they said 2 weeks minimum to get the rims. Plus their final price was $750.00 more than what i did pay. So much for the "we will not be undersold on winter tyres" advertising on the ford.ca website.

R

rodmoe

Wow sorry to hear this .. I didn't get screwed on tires but they hosed me on my trade if that helps .. nope didn't think it would. sorry man.... Once you do have your car if you are like me it will never see that dealer again unless absolutely needed end of the world type thing...

G

GerardF1

Oh and I swear that after two emails about this and several I am not kidding statements on the phone if I get there and the dealer sticker is on the hatch I will walk right off that "sexual relations with your maternal parent"'s lot and go reorder the car somewhere else. It is my pet peeve. You want to put your name on my car I want $100 per week advertising. This does not apply to non profit groups such as Fiesta St Forum

R

rodmoe

Oh and I swear that after two emails about this and several I am not kidding statements on the phone if I get there and the dealer sticker is on the hatch I will walk right off that "sexual relations with your maternal parent"'s lot and go reorder the car somewhere else. It is my pet peeve. You want to put your name on my car I want $100 per week advertising. This does not apply to non profit groups such as Fiesta St Forum
And we thank you for that !!! Mother ....... eh LOL

M

MJ1246

lol, They put the Dealer sticker on my car too, took 1 second for them to pull it off.

G

GerardF1

The saga continues - part 4 - Return of the Sith Dealer

So after emailing the salesman early this morning saying I was more than displeased with the way things have gone this week. I gave him the time frame for me being able to pick up the car - and reminded again to not put a fricking sticker on the car.

The reply was short and fairly curt. There is no sticker and if I do not pick up the car within 30 days from its arrival at the dealer I lose the Employee pricing and the 0% rate on the loan. This would increase the cost of the car by about $8,000 The tyre and rim situation was "unfortunate"

I resisted writing an immediate reply because I would have made various comments about the legitimacy of his birth and if he was the off spring of a canine - not to mention the usual comments about how he should used a dildo for the purpose of sexual congress with his own orifices as his comments indicate that as he is missing a penis that he would need to employee a plastic tool of some variety. But I digress ...

So what I did do is call the person who made the referral and is quite close to the owner of the dealership. Appropriate calls and comments will be made and I am to expect a call tomorrow from the owner.

If that doesn't work I move up the line. I do not yet know the name of the District Manager but I will before tomorrow is finished.

I am the worlds worst customer - I expect to be treated the way I treat my customers. Not to brag but I have very high scores on our customer ranking scales

Bell Canada screwed up my account once and I didn't let go till I was speaking to the CEO and chairman of the board.

The funny thing is that during my very first call with the salesman I told him up front that I am the worst customer and why --- guess he didn't listen.

I'm sorry for laughing but your post almost made me choke on my drink. I hope they get their act straight and make it right. The salesman sounds like an ass.

G

GerardF1

The Saga Continues Part 5 The Customer Strikes Back.

So I spoke to the owner of the dealership this morning. He agreed that the tyre and rims issue should not have gotten to the point that it did. He also agreed that the email with the vague threat about come and get it or pay more was not right. He is working the issue as I type and will be calling back today with a solution. For the moment I will not seek the name of the District Manager and give the owner a chance to make things right. Stay tuned for the next exciting episode titled - Tyres? We don't need no stinkin' tyres!