Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

2016.SFE

City
Cville
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost
Hiya. New here. I just purchased a new 2016 1.0 Ecoboost SFE. (I think I got the last one in the country). The few things I've done to it were a Ford Performance handling pack, a Mountune quick shifter and a Mountune high flow air filter. They're all through Ford Performance and do not affect the warranty. Doesn't make a huge difference but it definitely feels more responsive, especially when shifting while cornering. Such a shame that Ford stopped selling this model in the U.S. in 2017.

OP

2016.SFE

City
Cville
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost
Thread Starter #2
One thing I wanteto get opinions about is the potential over-heating I've heard about with these engines. I don't drive fast but I really enjoy driving so sometimes push the engine just a little. What would you recommend to keep a close eye on temperature for this engine? I was looking at getting Water Temp and Fuel Pressure gauges but wanted to see what you all think.

rooSTer

Premium Account
Welcome! You can certainly get an external temperature gauge and install it pod on the A-pillar. That said I haven't read any issues with the 1.0 overheating.

OP

2016.SFE

City
Cville
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost
Thread Starter #4
Thanks! The issues may have been European models only. It's a question of which temp gauge would be best: water, oil, cylinder head or egt.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
The cooling system issues are not just the E.U. cars. You would be wise to periodically have your selling dealership service writer do an OASIS report. This will provide you with a current picture of any open or new TSB's. I would also recommend that you take a sharpie pen and Mark the cold and hot coolant levels in an easily visible location. Earlier owners have seen coolant hose connectors become enbrittled and fail due to heat fatigue.

OP

2016.SFE

City
Cville
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost
Thread Starter #7
Thanks for the info. There won't be anything on the OASIS report because I'm the first owner. What are TSBs?

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Thanks for the info. There won't be anything on the OASIS report because I'm the first owner. What are TSBs?
Technical Service Bulletin. It is a communication from Ford to service techs and dealers regarding revised procedures and or parts to service vehicles in use. Requesting an OASIS report will give you any open TSB's that involves your particular car.

OP

2016.SFE

City
Cville
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2016 Fiesta 1.0 Ecoboost
Thread Starter #9
Technical Service Bulletin. It is a communication from Ford to service techs and dealers regarding revised procedures and or parts to service vehicles in use. Requesting an OASIS report will give you any open TSB's that involves your particular car.
Gotcha. I need to go to the dealer for the infamous climate control thumping coming from behind the dash. I'll have them run it then.