Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

New Fiesta owner here

City
Lexington
State
KY
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Fiesta S
Hey all. I just bought a one owner 2017 Ford Fiesta S with 67,000 miles for $5500. I had been researching cars and searching for a car in the catagory for the last year. I was looking for a good deal on either a Fit, Fiesta, Versa or Yaris. I was leaning toward Fiesta being that I’m a Ford guy at heart. I knew I wanted a manual especially if a Fiesta. So when I came across the deal on this one I Ubered two hours yesterday to the dealership and bought it. It’s almost exactly what I wanted, even the colorThe only thing is I would have preferred a hatch instead of sedan.

I have always had a Ranger and or a Mustang until 2013 when I totaled my two year old Ranger and bought a Tacoma. The Tacoma is getting too modded to be a daily driver even though I drive less than 3,000 miles a year. So I wanted something cheap, reliable and basically a utilitarian type vehicle which I would have no interest in modding. Wouldn’t you know that after driving this little go kart like handling machine I can’t stop thinking about mods.

So today I tinted the windows. A long time friend owns a business next door to where I work and he hooked me up. I’m about to order a dash cam in the next day or two when I decide on one. I will hard wire it. I’m also going to upgrade the stereo (even though I’m pleased with the quality of the factory sound. Not bad for the cheapest car Ford sells) since I have a couple component speakers, amps and a sub left over from a previous vehicle. I’m also eyeing a set of 17” Focus alloy wheels which brings me to the question, Will they fit?

Anyway, I look forward to reading more about other’s experiences, plans and mods to these cars.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Older focus generation wheels should fit. The factory audio system is not high end. But , I have seen/heard some that were greatly improved by upgrading the speakers.
The basic Fiesta is the last affordable vehicle Ford will offer. Everything from them from now on will be at least twenty grand or more to drive off the lot.
The Fiesta is not really an inexpensive car to repair or buy O.E. parts for. Trim parts, bumper covers, headlight capsules and taillight assemblies are quite expensive.

Last edited:
City
STL
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Ford Fiesta SE
I was in similar boat with my S10, though I still drive it more than I do my Fiesta. It was more for my wife than for me, the truck has delrin bushings in the control arms and polyurathane cab mounts... not too soft of a ride. She really doesn't like the lack of air conditioning though, and I usually don't admit it, but trying to parallel park with the manual rack and pinion and 245/45r17 summer tires in front (not to mention the over 200" length of it) isn't really the most fun thing to do.