Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Need help ID of wire

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
The Fiesta pcm and instrument cluster is never really "off". Neither is the anti theft module. That module on the positive cable is a voltage limiter. Power is being fed to various circuits from the battery through the limiter.
If the battery is over three years old I would be planning to get a good quality replacement like an interstate or Die Hard gold.

OP
J

Joeknull

City
belfair
State
WA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Ford Fiesta se
Thread Starter #3
Perfect! That’s what I was wondering, possible small draw overnight was just normal and batter couldn’t hold enough charge so I’ll get one tomorrow. It’s 5 years old so good chance it is that. Thanks guys for the help!

Last edited:

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
Perfect! That’s what I was wondering, small draw overnight was just normal and batter could hold enough charge so I’ll get one tomorrow. It’s 5 years old so good chance it is that. Thanks guys for the help!
Yeah. Modern cars are very reliant on a solid state for all the computerized components they come with, and it's always on.
5 years is a good run for an original battery. Mine is still going, but I'll notice when it's not.