Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Mk6 no start diagnose list

City
Winnie
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 fiesta 1.6L SE
At 76k miles,
starting to get a no start issue.

Seems like a starter issue, meaning there's a tick noise and no rotation action happening- just silence. Still have electricity

Tryng to gather a list of things to check to find my bug

Parts I've previously changed
1. Alternator//battery/starter
2. fuses- checked through/ none burnt

Could I have a bad starter?
seems weird for a new starter to fail now after doing so good for the first month or two from being changed

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
These cars a sensitive to voltage. So bad grounds can be a culprit. Are you pitching any error codes?

OP
F
City
Winnie
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 fiesta 1.6L SE
Thread Starter #3
These cars a sensitive to voltage. So bad grounds can be a culprit. Are you pitching any error codes?

I don't have any error codes,
I'm having a sneaking suspicion that it's the ground for the starter

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
I don't have any error codes,
I'm having a sneaking suspicion that it's the ground for the starter
Could be. I would suggest cleaning one ground terminal at a time to see which one fixes it. There are many related to the starting system starting at the battery. You could just go about cleaning everything but I prefer the one-at-time method so I know when I hit paydirt.

OP
F
City
Winnie
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 fiesta 1.6L SE
Thread Starter #5
Could be. I would suggest cleaning one ground terminal at a time to see which one fixes it. There are many related to the starting system starting at the battery. You could just go about cleaning everything but I prefer the one-at-time method so I know when I hit paydirt.

Found the culprit-
The ground on the starter needed to be tightened ever so slightly.

Drove around for a bit, then had the same issue, but this time there was zero electricity,
I didn't tighten the ground to the battery back tight enough, and got my power back
Those grounds will get ya