Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Hello and welcome to the forum.
It looks like you have a failed warning lamp. Every time you start your Fiesta, the car performs a system functionality test on all the warning lamp circuits of the vehicle. It is a federally mandated system test to ensure that the vehicle OBD and and other critical monitoring systems are working properly. You should go to your Ford service department ASAP. If the MIL is intermittent, you should take a picture of the screen to show the service writer when you get there.

OP
C

Crystal

City
Colorado Springs
State
CO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Ford Fiesta ST
Thread Starter #3
Hello and welcome to the forum.
It looks like you have a failed warning lamp. Every time you start your Fiesta, the car performs a system functionality test on all the warning lamp circuits of the vehicle. It is a federally mandated system test to ensure that the vehicle OBD and and other critical monitoring systems are working properly. You should go to your Ford service department ASAP. If the MIL is intermittent, you should take a picture of the screen to show the service writer when you get there.
So it’s 2 different alerts for the same problem?
I kind of want to know before I go in. Sometimes these advisors try to push over on females. Sucks but it’s true.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
You have a 2019 Fiesta. Unless you use it as a long distance UBER you should be under the warranty period.
One issue can be connected to another. Our cars are CAN-BUS . So, many things are communicating with the processors. The charge system fault could be a ground fault. Which would possibly prevent the MIL from working properly. Many systems are dependant upon signals from several different sensors or modules or even another processor.
I really cannot over stress the importance of having a good dialogue with the service department and service writer. I'm a big believer in observing how they behave and choosing a good one based on how I am treated when getting a basic oil change or tire rotation. I generally request the person who is most reasonable and efficient for their business card and extension/ email.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I Maintenance, Warranty Issues & Troubleshooting 5