Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Key Fob Central Locking Issue

bagpuss77

City
Bridport
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Fiesta 1.4 Zetec 2008
Good Morning, My mum has a 2008 Fiesta 1.4 Zetec. Locking and unlocking all doors on the central locking is fine when using the key in the drivers door. However when using either key fob it only unlocks the nearside doors and not rearside. She has got someone to replace the battery in one of the keys but still the same issue. ANy ideas please?

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
The remote locking is selectable in the vehicle utilities menu. Have you gone into the menu and confirmed the setting?

OP
B

bagpuss77

City
Bridport
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Fiesta 1.4 Zetec 2008
Thread Starter #3
The remote locking is selectable in the vehicle utilities menu. Have you gone into the menu and confirmed the setting?
Thank you for the response. Apologies for my ignorance but I guess I need to connect something to the car to get into a menu and check this setting?

Also I have seen options on a menu but it only says switch between all doors and driver doors whereas this opens the nearside doors and not rearside

Last edited:

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
I would go into the menu and select all doors unlock. Then at least you will find out if all the locks are functional. Then go back into the menu and see if a second selection will stick.

OP
B

bagpuss77

City
Bridport
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
Fiesta 1.4 Zetec 2008
Thread Starter #5
Thank you for the response. I have tried this and am still having issues. All doors are selected to unlock. It is intermittent that all doors will always lock with the fob. All nearside doors will always open. However Rearside now are sometimes opening with fob, sometimes just the front or sometimes just the back and then maybe back to neither.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Sounds like you might have a fob with a tired keypad. Have you tried the second fob to confirm the issue isn’t with the key fob?