Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Hello Bad Idea Man Here

Nathaen

City
Yucca Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Fiesta SE
Hello all my name is Nathaen and I have terrible ideas.

I bought a '18 Fiesta SE hatchback a couple years ago and was not really into cars but knew I liked hatch's. I was broke and got a really bad deal on the SE and with that it's not going anywhere anytime soon. I was curious if there was a turbo kit out there for the SE. I am not super knowledgeable on vehicles but I know the basics and am willing to put in the time and effort to get more power as buying an ST is not an option. I understand the ST has more than just power but my goal is power and stick with the auto trans because my friend is disabled and can not drive stick but I want him to be able to drive it too.

I have found upgrade kits for the ST such as this and was curious what I would need to make this work on an SE: https://www.mountuneusa.com/mountune-Fiesta-St-Mrx-Turbocharger-Upgrade-p/2364-tu-aa.htm

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Hello. Welcome to the forum. You have a reliable and economical car. Given the admission you have made about your mechanical knowledge and recent financial situation, I would strongly recommend that you focus on keeping it properly maintained (oil and filter changes on a regular basis!) And clean. The ST and basic Fiesta share body shells and some trim. The suspension is somewhat interchangeable with the exception of the EPAS tuning. Otherwise, they are not very similar because they each have their own mission and we're developed to appeal to different markets.
If you maintain it, you will have a decent trade in value to then get something closer to what you want.
If you mess with it, and you have to get a mechanic to sort it out, the cost of that adventure will put you in poverty and probably commuting to work on a city bus.
You should sit down with your "bad idea man" alter ego and tell him to STFU.

OP
N

Nathaen

City
Yucca Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Fiesta SE
Thread Starter #3
Hello. Welcome to the forum. You have a reliable and economical car. Given the admission you have made about your mechanical knowledge and recent financial situation, I would strongly recommend that you focus on keeping it properly maintained (oil and filter changes on a regular basis!) And clean. The ST and basic Fiesta share body shells and some trim. The suspension is somewhat interchangeable with the exception of the EPAS tuning. Otherwise, they are not very similar because they each have their own mission and we're developed to appeal to different markets.
If you maintain it, you will have a decent trade in value to then get something closer to what you want.
If you mess with it, and you have to get a mechanic to sort it out, the cost of that adventure will put you in poverty and probably commuting to work on a city bus.
You should sit down with your "bad idea man" alter ego and tell him to STFU.
Trade in is out the window due to the bolt holes from mounting camera gear as I currently use it as a camera car. It's not going anywhere for multiple reasons. Thank you though for the logical answer. If for whatever reason you did know a way to get a bit more power to keep up with quicker cars I'm all ears. I am not saying it will be easy or cheap but I'm past that.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Drop a K&N air filter. Pick up a smooth intake tube. Keep it maintained with quality oil and filters. Those aren't very expensive.
Lighter wheels no larger diameter than 16 inches also have a good effect on acceleration because of the flywheel effect of spinning mass. That is an expensive thing to do, mostly done by people who are interested in participating in autocross or open track events.

OP
N

Nathaen

City
Yucca Valley
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Fiesta SE
Thread Starter #5
Drop a K&N air filter. Pick up a smooth intake tube. Keep it maintained with quality oil and filters. Those aren't very expensive.
Lighter wheels no larger diameter than 16 inches also have a good effect on acceleration because of the flywheel effect of spinning mass. That is an expensive thing to do, mostly done by people who are interested in participating in autocross or open track events.
Thank you for the info!