Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Hello all.

City
Brandon SD
State
SD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Ford Fiesta SE
I have a 2013 Ford Fiesta SE 4 door Hatchback I have an issue where my car does not start all the time anymore a lot of times it will be a 5 to 8 sec delay start up or a completely no start at also I had taken it into a few different mechanics such as Menikie and Belyy Brotherthers here in Rapid City SD neither of them have been successful in figuring out my slow to no start they cleaned all the cables and wires that you are supposed to clean they had run the diagnostics to it and my battery is full and working everything else under the hood is clean and in great working order. My dash lights up I get radio so on so forth none of my fuses are burned out they checked those but for me when I drive it it does not always start so we are leaning towards replacing the TCM is this my issue to the slow to no start any help would be VERY MUCH appreciated this issue has been a continuous ordeal for a little over 2 weeks now. Thank you for your answers.

Last edited:

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
Sounds like the starter switch might be the problem.

OP
City
Brandon SD
State
SD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Ford Fiesta SE
Thread Starter #3
It is definitely not my starter switch I did say everything under the hood is working I had taken it to a few different mechanics and all of them tell me everything under the hood and in my steering wheel column works but thank you for your answer.

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
It is definitely not my starter switch I did say everything under the hood is working I had taken it to a few different mechanics and all of them tell me everything under the hood and in my steering wheel column works but thank you for your answer.
Ignition switch? Key or button, it could be that.

OP
City
Brandon SD
State
SD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2013 Ford Fiesta SE
Thread Starter #5
Thank you but not it the mechanics checked this and they said it was good.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
When you say TCM - meaning Transmission.

Hmmm...to hear of this "delay" - do you "rock the car back and forth" to supposedly seat whatever is causing the TCM to goof up?

Usually the "under the hood" mess means ALL ground tie offs also need to be checked and cleaned.

Since this is a 2013, this may be more of an age to corrosion problem than a TCM - the TCM "waits" if I can put it that way - for a condition to occur,
That condition may be to verify the Neutral Safety (Park) switch is set.

By symptom of "delay" Seems like Neutral or Park switch is not fully seated, or the wiring used to send the signal to the TCM to set that condition - is the problem - that is an internal one to the passenger compartment.

A spilled drink or leaking Condenser from the AC getting the Carpet damp can cause this.