Ford starts production of the 2018 Fiesta in Cologne, Germany

Ford has started production of the all-new 2018 Fiesta in Cologne, Germany. The 2018 Ford Fiesta made a global debut back in late 2016.

The company invested about 293 million Euros in new production processes at its Cologne plant to build the new Fiesta. According to Ford, a new Fiesta will roll off the line every 68 seconds.

No Fiesta for the U.S. for 2018. Hate to say this, but it will not be missed. Consumer reports ranked it the 2nd least reliable car. Based on the one I owned I was surprised it wasn't first. It costs almost as much as a Focus and with gas being cheap, why bother with a tiny car? My much bigger of more powerful (faster) Honda Accord gets only 3 mpg less and about the same in the winter.

Are the ones built in Europe reliable? It seems like if it isn't a full size pickup truck, Ford simply doesn't care.

Dan,

2011 Fiesta, gone
2014 Honda Accord 6 speed manual
1965 Chevy Corvair convertible. Rear engined flat air cooled six. Built and designed in the U.S.

MKVIIST

Administrator
I think Ford just did a poor job updating the Fiesta contributed to the poor quality. That said I'm very happy with my Fiesta ST and really sad that we are not getting a replacement.