Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Ford Puma ST

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
I'd prefer the Fiesta ST Mk8 with the factory-approved mountune tune that gives it 232 hp and 258 tq. with the factory optional LSD.

That said, there's no market for the Puma or the Fiesta here any time soon. :cry:

Guess I'll have to settle for the Tunewerks tune that does 210 hp/276 tq at the wheels on my mostly stock Mk7. I can get an LSD, but they're not cheap, and I'm not dropping the tranny to install either of them.

Last edited:

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
The LSD and simple ABS I'm fine - just not the TRAC Control - that's what gets people in Manuals in a lot of trouble - the driveline is engaged directly - the LSD allows the Driveline to be engaged, and slip (If only a little?). That would help those needing the "3rd leg" that they'd need for riding the clutch in similar drive situations. You feather throttle while steering thru the turn - brake as needed - let the slip let the wheels find their own way in traction and move forward.

Thanks for finding this article...

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
This is what they get in the other hemisphere. Makes me cry.

econoboxrocks

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Elkhart
State
IN
Country
United States
What I Drive
'17 ST
SUVs' share of the global auto market reached fresh records this year, climbing to 46%, reports Axios Generate co-author Ben Geman.
The big picture: "If SUVs were an individual country, they would rank sixth in the world for absolute emissions in 2021," the International Energy Agency said in a new analysis.
  • SUVs are heavier than typical passenger cars and hence use more fuel, which generates more CO2.
Between the lines: The growth of electric vehicles — including electric SUV models — is offsetting more CO2 from internal-combustion SUVs than in the past.
  • "The good news is that skyrocketing electric car sales in 2021 are expected to be just about sufficient to cancel out the additional emissions stemming from the 35 million SUVs that were purchased instead of average-sized cars," IEA notes.

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Just imagine how sick of crossover SUV's everyone will be in about five to seven years! It will be wall to wall SUV. New, demo's, certified used, used, and budget lot/ damn near used up. ALL SUV.
Once the Mustang does it's slow fade over the next few years and disappears, i will have no urge to visit a Ford dealership. My car payment money will be spent on building kit or homebuilt cars and my old Mustang.