Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

First Car You Owned..

LionsTooth

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Northern
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2015 Fiesta SE HB Magnetic
Saw this thread in another forum...starting it here.

Mine was goldish-orange Mazda RX-3 with....wait for it....a vinyl roof (prehistoric wrap). I Krylon blacked-out the fake louvers, wiper arms, headlamp surrounds, and taillight surrounds, sprayed the stock steel wheels black but retained to ever-cool chrome trim rings. Looked a lot like this...but without the leaking roof accessory and mine had full vinyl coverage. Paid $725 to a friend on 6 months of payments. That thing went like stink. I put in a stiffer clutch. ...first clutch I ever replaced.

Large-b059b806-629a-42e1-85de-f7514723251d.jpg

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
In late 1976 it was a drag race between the 1968 Mustang fastback and a 1973 Ford Pinto hatchback. The first picture is the stang as i found it. The 390 engine was blown and a rear spring shackle was broken. The price was $375 bucks firm. And he kept the chrome rims on the back with a totally bald pair of white lettered Firestone 60 series tires and also the Gabriel air shocks that gave it that 1970's rake.
The Pinto was much closer to being a driver. It only needed brakes and a muffler. And a right front fender. Which was probably crushed when the brakes gave up! It became mine for $100. It had the German 2.0 liter ohc engine and an automatic transmission. I bought them both on the same weekend. Technically, the Pinto was paid for first. But the Mustang got home a day earlier. So, i consider them a twofer! The pinto image is the identical color and trim. But not the one i had. Mentally paint the fender red and pry off the hubcaps. There, now that's more like mine was! 20210712_205332.jpg

OIP.jpeg

Last edited:

scotman

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grass Lake
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE hbk Blue
Those early 70's Javelin's were really sharp looking. One of the teachers at my junior high school drove a bright green one with the same wheels and stripes.
It made the bright yellow 73 Mustang Mach 1 that my english teacher drove look dumpy when they happened to park next to each other. I was an impressionable child. Also a reprobate.

City
STL
State
MO
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Ford Fiesta SE
Little late to the party... you guys must be older than me. My first car was a '93 Tempo. Lame-O 3 speed auto. Changed tie rod ends almost monthly. Turned it into a Mercury and deleted the black lines off the tail lights. I do miss regular 2-door cars. Image001.jpg Picture 015.jpg Picture 016.jpg

City
Not-US
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2011 Fiesta SE
A long time ago in a galaxy far far away...
First time behind the wheel was at 7 in an orange 76 Honda Civic wagon with a 2spd Hondamatic and a couch cushion behind my back...I was born to drive and wanted to ever since I was in diapers.
My 1st drive, Collin's Honda CVCC wagon '76 Honda-matica.jpg
The first car that was mine was an 82 Mazda B2000 5spd pickup. Although I was not old enough to have a license, we had a 1/4 mile long driveway and lived well in the country so I would drive it up and down our road. Got it for free from a friend of my Grandmother, a carpenter so it had a ladder rack. Same colour as below and had the white wagon wheels...and many more dents! If I could have one of these again I would, very unique!
1 Mazda B2000 '82a.jpg
My first legally registered, plated and driven while licensed was an 82 Mercury Capri with a 2.3L 4cyl and a rare dog leg 5spd. Geared better than the regular 4spd crash box. Bought it from a family friend for $475. Mine wasnt an RS, but I had scavenged the hood and spoiler from one in the jy and painted the sail panels and hub caps. The young dapper is me on my 16th birthday when I was all legit...and yes the Smiths were no longer a band :ROFLMAO:
capri.jpg

Last edited: