Welcome to the #1 Ford Fiesta Forum and Ford Fiesta community dedicated to Ford Fiesta owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Ford Fiesta Forum today!

Fiesta mk6 led lights

RavageArl

City
Ceske Budejovice
State
Non-US
Country
Czech Republic
What I Drive
Fiesta mk6 2008
Hi.

I have Fiesta mk6 (2002-2008) made in 2008 (made before the next model introduced in 2008).

There is a led light next to the rpm-meter. That according to my net search is either orange/red or not lit up at all.

What does this led light represent. There is nothing about this led light in my manual or any manual that i have so far found online.

Is it some general warning/issue that doesn't have it's own light on the main dashboard panel or is it light for oil check/change or maybe service intervals ?

Mine is now orange and as far as i can tell there is nothing wrong with the car.

Could you please enlighten me ? Any asnwer would be really helpful.

Thank you.

Handy Andy

Well-Liked Member
Premium Account
City
Grand Rapids
State
MI
Country
United States
What I Drive
2018 Ford Fiesta SE HB
Can you post an image? IF it's a symbol for something, posting what it looks like would help.

Else you could try the Press-And-Hold for the Trip meter and see if the Self-test mode can bring the light up or at least a message.

Else there is also the OBDII (North American version) that may show up the error code and it's ID.

IF no code, then check the I/M monitors - any of them show "Not Ready" - then it means that section has a potential fault. In my SE I have of 6 to as many as 9 different "categorical Checks" the diagnostics break down into sections, Like Emissions, Engine, ABS - stuff like that.

If that doesn't work, or show anything - remember Occams' Razor Principle...
With everything being equal - the problems resolution to follow is the simplest path into fixing the problem.

And if it's an "Oil Change" reminder light - the owners manual simply says to press both Brake and Accelerator down (Accel pedal to the floor) and turn ignition Key to past "I" and into "II" but not to START - and wait at least 10 seconds. This process turns on all those pretty little lights and symbols - like a "Christmas tree".

Hold down both pedals for at least 10 seconds - to wait to see if the light or the "Engine" light blinks - then turn off ignition - then wait another 10 seconds then start engine normally and look for that LED light. If it's gone then it was your maintenance reminder light

You can repeat the process to see what other lights and the systems they represent - show blink status or turn off ...

If it's still on (that little LED light that brought you here), then pull the pin and run like hades...away...:ROFLMAO:

But then - what do I know?